Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin is a fanatic Turkey hunter. He always talks about how good his Turkey is. At deer camp my guys get there 2-3 days early. My cousin and his guys roll in just before dark, the day before the opener. We have dinner at my place on Sunday, and his place on Monday. Couple years ago he told us he had fresh turkey for dinner. He roasted it like a Butter Ball. It was the most horrible thing I ever tried to eat. It was over cooked, dried out, tough as shoe leather, and just taisted bad. I', not blaming the Turkey, but I'm not going to shoot one till I find out how to cook it proper. Several friends say they cut it in strips or cubes and deep fry it. This is my kitchen window at deer camp in WV.

8qPLWpk.jpg
Just give one a try on a wood fire, breasts pulled off the bone, let them sit in a paper towel after a cold water rinse, get them dry, then rub with Olive Oil, press in some Montreal Seasoning (for chicken) on both sides and grill them up like they were large chicken breasts. Nothing to lose? Just do your freinds a favor and check for pellets.

Just give one a try on a wood fire, breasts pulled off the bone, let them sit in a paper towel after a cold water rinse, get them dry, then rub with Olive Oil, press in some Montreal Seasoning (for chicken) on both sides and grill them up like they were large chicken breasts. Nothing to lose? Just do your freinds a favor and check for pellets.
I can hunt with a rifle in WV, just shoot them in the head with a 250-3000.

My cousin is a fanatic Turkey hunter. He always talks about how good his Turkey is. At deer camp my guys get there 2-3 days early. My cousin and his guys roll in just before dark, the day before the opener. We have dinner at my place on Sunday, and his place on Monday. Couple years ago he told us he had fresh turkey for dinner. He roasted it like a Butter Ball. It was the most horrible thing I ever tried to eat. It was over cooked, dried out, tough as shoe leather, and just taisted bad. I', not blaming the Turkey, but I'm not going to shoot one till I find out how to cook it proper. Several friends say they cut it in strips or cubes and deep fry it. This is my kitchen window at deer camp in WV.

8qPLWpk.jpg
My first turkeys I smoked on a weber indirect method. Came out tough. Forget the legs. Tough as heck.

i cut the breast skin open and skin the breast. Cut the breast off the bone. Olive oil, spices and wrap the top (new skin) with bacon. Cook in oven using an oven bag. A lot more tender.

May I recommend a headache rack? Don't ask me why I think they are a good idea. Let's just say I know how to get windows out of trucks in bone yards and install them in trucks with missing rear windows.
You bet I did order the back rack. Almost took out the rear window on my 02 as a log I tossed in bounced and hit the window. Yes a lucky day it didn't take it out
You either mean .308 WIN or 30-06 Springfield Im guessing. Typo.
yep typo
Have you looked into these two different types of ammo. Both inexpensive, but the NATO ammunition is considerably cheaper but also less consistent as far as accuracy over the AE .308 WIN. Both are FMJ, but the 308 WIN 150gr is a BT. The 149gr NATO load is just a standard FMJ spitzer. Both loads are manufactured by Federal. 👍
I'll check em out. I need to see if they are on the back order list. Waiting on emails to say it's in. I got an email for ammo in and I went to buy some 1 hour after I got it and it was sold out.

Where do you find such a cheap price on those? I love my 038.
Local guy. He bought it along with a bunch of misc parts for other saws. Could not get it to keep running.
So far it needs a fuel line and vent line/screw. I'll sonic tank the carb as I think it has some crud internally that just blowing out won't get. I had the same issue with one of the 200ts I got. It would sort of run with the low screw out 2 turns...OE carb. Disassembled, tanked it and reassembled...runs great.
He had cleaned it up some but it still needs some love. Even has a sprocket rather than the old spur 😀 P&C are perfect, rings look good. It had a fair amount of mix oil inside the muffler so another carb issue clue.
Not gonna pull the cyl as it looks too pretty inside...other than carbon.20230130_153544.jpg20230130_153526.jpg Will strip the rest down and clean it up. All OE
What size bar should it get?20230130_155140.jpg

Local guy. He bought it along with a bunch of misc parts for other saws. Could not get it to keep running.
So far it needs a fuel line and vent line/screw. I'll sonic tank the carb as I think it has some crud internally that just blowing out won't get. I had the same issue with one of the 200ts I got. It would sort of run with the low screw out 2 turns...OE carb. Disassembled, tanked it and reassembled...runs great.
He had cleaned it up some but it still needs some love. Even has a sprocket rather than the old spur 😀 P&C are perfect, rings look good. It had a fair amount of mix oil inside the muffler so another carb issue clue.
Not gonna pull the cyl as it looks too pretty inside...other than carbon.View attachment 1053520View attachment 1053522 Will strip the rest down and clean it up. All OE
What size bar should it get?View attachment 1053519
Mine came with a 20" 0.063 bar. I've had a 24" on it for bigger stuff. Others will be able to direct you better than me.

Why 0.063? I don't know.

Mine came with a 20" 0.063 bar. I've had a 24" on it for bigger stuff. Others will be able to direct you better than me.

Why 0.063? I don't know.
i got the manual and pts schematic from Ray so am checking pt #s. It is possible this thing may be a Frank-in38, lol. Clutch cover is from something else, dual port muffler. Im going to have to find the pt# on the jug to see if this is an actual magnum or not, all I can see is the 1119 on one side so could be either 50 or 52mm without more info.
piston has A16A stamped on top with what looks like an S over-stamped with a K.
carb is a BING 48A101A

should be a fun project.

Do any of guys remember the story I had told about when I had my skiff built and the King Salmon tournaments?

Quick refresher. One of the biggest reasons I ordered a custom built boat was fir King durbys and tournaments. It was delivered in 2013 unfortunately I made the mistake of under powering her. That year I was the smallest and slowest boat in the derby. We got our a**' handed to us, and everyone was laughing at me. For a year I had to hear about it and eat more crow than a man can stand in a decade of crow pies! What nobody knew besides me and my partner was that year Id ordered a new motor to refit me boat!🏴‍☠️ Double the HP as a matter of fact! The next year I was STIHL the smallest boat but something looked different about how she was now riding low in the stern. Way low!🤣
Flare fires off and I Dropped the hammer! Jader jumped up on to step so fast nobody new what happened. I was WOT against the govoner baby! I had gone from the smallest and slowest out of roughly 40 boats to the smallest and second fastest in a year! 🤣🤣🤣
Resulting in absolutely crushing the Tournament with three huge Kings at 50 Plus pounds!
If you guys remember? I didn't have the pictures to prove it. Thus resulting in just another big fish fishing story right?👍

Wrong!👎
50lbs 56lbs and 65lbs. Three king salmon for a total weight of 171 lbs! "Jader" The little 17' center console that could!😉
IMG_20230130_174515350.jpg

Be safe on the water my friends.

Back