Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better hope someone with a Winchester 94 doesn't pick one up and give it a try.
Dave Grohl Boom GIF by Foo Fighters
Yeah, I know I'm always sposta tell everybody "do not try this at home".....

So for the record.... don't anybody ever do anything I say I have done...if you break yourself up it's your business.

Yeah, I know I'm always sposta tell everybody "do not try this at home".....

So for the record.... don't anybody ever do anything I say I have done...if you break yourself up it's your business.
Sounds like sage wisdom!

I've done some dumb **** in my younger days. In high school we used to make double powder trap loads to punish those who had the lowest score at the end of the league. Looking back it was incredibly stupid. Someone could've gotten seriously injured or worse with those. I don't even want to know what the pressures were. I'm sure it was close to proof pressure.

Now I'm heading out to batten down the hatches. I think we may have our first major snowfall of winter coming over the next couple days.

A 30-30 in a 26" barrel (like my Buffalo Bill commemorative) produces 150 more FPS than a 20" barrel, and the Hornady FTX bullets let you shoot a pointed bullet in a tube magazine rifle ... both problems solved, and you don't have to go to a single shot!
But you are limited to the FTX!!

We both have a lot more .30 spitzer bullets to play with

You have been reloading a lot longer than me (probably since Iā€™ve been in diapers) let me have some fun

Youā€™d be happy with me today. A real Cheap Corvette came in on trade. I didnā€™t buy it. I figured to save the money to pay the tax man and Kristinaā€™s future college tab

I struggle to keep up with the pace of this thread, so I'm often pages behind before I set up to join in. But, here goes anyway. You guys sure have some pretty firearms. Last week, in a kind of tribute to my Dad who carried this Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 for about 70 years in the PA woods, I suited up in some of his tanned buckskin and his gun for a memory:

View attachment 1059801
Thatā€™s AWESOME!!!

Anyone else miss there family after a few days of being alone??

My wife has the girls down south visiting colleges. My oldest got accepted to a few

Her first choice is ETSU, Digital Marketing

My connect at GM told us theyā€™d get her an internship and then possibly a position when she graduates

Makes me always remember that saying, ā€œnot what, but who you knowā€

But, just me and the dogs home since Saturday morning

I am BORED out of my mind

Ready to have them back and that is t happening until Saturday evening

Gonna go top off the stove and grab one more refreshment before I turn in

That ain't no joke.
We would shoot the infield(?) 45-70 with light loads, then that model 1 :cry:. It was brutal as a kid, and I'm not much bigger now, just rounder šŸ˜œ.
I've got a 6 pound rifle chambered in .375 Ruger....makes a 45-70 seem tame.... wanna shoot it?.....šŸ¤Ŗ

My wife has the girls down south visiting colleges. My oldest got accepted to a few

My connect at GM told us theyā€™d get her an internship and then possibly a position when she graduates

Yep, I had to haul a lot of brush this weekend:laughing:.
They just got home today :).
Good night bud, I'm out too :hi:.

I can identify with you...

I grew up in a family of 15, and I don't think I've been alone for more than about 8 hours at a time in my entire life.
I like peace and quiet, but...... I like my wife and kids pretty well too!

I can identify with you...

I grew up in a family of 15, and I don't think I've been alone for more than about 8 hours at a time in my entire life.
I like peace and quiet, but...... I like my wife and kids pretty well too!
Exactly!

All the guys at work that tell me theyā€™d be in heaven

They have no clue

I like a little alone time, but I start missing my wife after a day or so. I can go a couple days without the kids though. Three very good but very energetic boys and two crazy bird dogs takes its toll.

However, I wouldn't trade my crazy, hectic life for anything.

Back