Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way the temps been yo-yoing I'm a little worried about our fruit trees. I hope this pattern doesn't carry into May and get a freeze in the middle to end of it. That's a long way off though.

Have a great day fellas!
Yea , weather all screwed up , the ticks are in full swing, there out everywhere my dog had several on him , and I had a couple crawling on me after a hike , and it’s February 🤬🤬

Yea , weather all screwed up , the ticks are in full swing, there out everywhere my dog had several on him , and I had a couple crawling on me after a hike , and it’s February 🤬🤬
You're that warm in New England? Wow! This is the longest lasting unstable weather I can remember in my 43 years here in Wisconsin.

You're that warm in New England? Wow! This is the longest lasting unstable weather I can remember in my 43 years here in Wisconsin.
Yup , it’s been in the 40’s to low 60’s during daytime for at night it dips below freezing , but haven’t had any significant cold weather in a while, ground hasn’t frozen solid to any real depth to speak of.

Yup , it’s been in the 40’s to low 60’s during daytime for at night it dips below freezing , but haven’t had any significant cold weather in a while, ground hasn’t frozen solid to any real depth to speak of.
We've been in mud season all winter ground never froze

Can’t run my new Xmas gift to myself much lol , just to dang muddy, 😫😫1130B9B2-8B2B-48C6-BA79-509615D57D25.jpeg

We've been in mud season all winter ground never froze
Same here in eastern PA. Currently park the tractor in a shed out back and have to drive through the back yard to get to the wood pile. Needless to say the back yard is a mess. Been trying to limit using the tractor as much as possible.

🤣🤣👍 Heck ya brother! A dedicated man you are! A dedicated man Indeed! Good on ya!😉
hello kid - well, slow to catch on, but eventually.... so nowza daze... i use tape and keep tip secure in place. should have a magnet in the handle stem, but its about as useful as an empty 6-pk of beer. taping is quicker than a 3 day hunt!! lol
:drinkingcoffee:

Can't tell you.....
You might get hurt. ;)
oic, safety first.

my Dad's Magnum Loads were always precise weighs. usually about 15-18% more or so. hard on cases. i seen more than one brass burn out... a bang! vs KA-BOOM! ~

if my mem serves me right, i think he said he could get 3 or 4 reloads out of the higher velocity launches... then cases too weak for safe use...

seems he had a special high load brass case monitor gauge... would tell him structural integrity of the case as it got hot and flexed. once cooled.

no doubt SM has one, too!

:drinkingcoffee:

Latest posts

Back