Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a long weekend processing sap.
After some extremely long nights earlier this season I purchased a reverse osmosis kit. What a time saver! One pass reduces the water content by about 50%, 2 passes by 50% again, albeit much slower on the second pass. Here it is mounted in a tote.
20230325_093327.jpg115 gallons down to this almost finished syrup.
20230326_122527.jpg
I ended up with 3 gallons of pretty dark syrup. It's finished, filtered and I will bottle it tomorrow night.

Had a bunch of friends and their kids over while I was boiling. The kids went and collected the last sap yesterday and pulled the taps. They had lots of fun learning where syrup comes from.

Now I make firewood!:chainsaw:

Had a long weekend processing sap.
After some extremely long nights earlier this season I purchased a reverse osmosis kit. What a time saver! One pass reduces the water content by about 50%, 2 passes by 50% again, albeit much slower on the second pass. Here it is mounted in a tote.
View attachment 1069836115 gallons down to this almost finished syrup.
View attachment 1069838
I ended up with 3 gallons of pretty dark syrup. It's finished, filtered and I will bottle it tomorrow night.

Had a bunch of friends and their kids over while I was boiling. The kids went and collected the last sap yesterday and pulled the taps. They had lots of fun learning where syrup comes from.

Now I make firewood!:chainsaw:
Looks great. I’ve been wanting to get one. Where did you get it ?

True but funny:

My daughter was in the Mustang with me when I played with the Porche, and when we stopped next to him at the light at the end of the road. He also had a female in the passenger seat.

I said to my daughter "That Porche looks nice, doesn't it?" She replied, "His wife looks like she is half his age!" So, I said "She probably said the same thing about you!" We both had a good laugh about that thought!

Looks great. I’ve been wanting to get one. Where did you get it ?
Thanks. I got it from The RO Bucket. It's the RB10 kit with the higher capacity pump so I can upgrade to 5 membrane housings in the future. All the parts look high quality. I definitely recommend it.

the real score was some dead Manzanita. It’s so dense that it doesn’t even let the snow-melt permeate into it.

View attachment 1069516

When we used to winter camp around manzanita, I’d use it for the campfire for that reason. We could get it in the rain and it’d burn better than what we brought from home. Rarely do they look like a small tree, but yeah sometimes.

Back