Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like some awesome wood, that manzanita, I've never even heard of it.

It’s also known (by some) not to load up the stove entirely with manzanita, it’ll burn too hot. A long time ago my cousin did that, and they had all the windows and doors open to cool the house down.

Also it grows so thick, that it's virtually impossible to try to engage a spot fire without dozers or saws...needless to say, cutting line with saws through it is a tedious task.

I pushed through a lot of it making the water tank road.
1F02AC2B-0239-41E4-BBF9-5FA702F5D44C.jpeg

9698C57A-6E92-415A-A240-7F5E1A9E2164.jpeg

96F0FB44-B6FB-4514-BE3E-EA8E9F3C6D50.jpeg

44035F50-F1BF-4B58-9AA6-FFDB6C8C08DF.jpeg

I’ll pull some out too. You don’t want manzanita stumps where you might drive a car or pickup, it’ll destroy the tires. Ask me how I know.
59BF2CBB-D195-468F-9DE1-FAB7F38BC1CC.jpeg

I did a lot of thinning here, I don’t want it so thick that you can’t walk through.
70602038-884F-481D-AB87-CAD785872124.jpeg

When the loader was down for the engine swap, we hauled it to the burn pile with the trailer. Not my preferred method.
BAD76247-C60F-4B12-BF33-ECD001485B79.jpeg

You can see some manzanita in the burn pile, we have to wait a long time to get near enough to push stuff in to where the fire is. Too hot, even with a long pusher stick.
EFA4468A-DA2B-4D14-A945-4E8C6682F8F0.jpeg

Well I was in craigslist the other day and I looked for ibc totes. I found some1.5 hours away that did not have the tanks. Perfect for me I only wanted them for firewood. Went today and got 2 for $140.
View attachment 1069505
If that is a long bed you can carry 6 at a time. Put the tailgate down and double stack them. Then strap them all together and down to the bed corners. I have 10 of those and love using them for my split wood. If you get some liners you can cut them diagonally and use them for covers.

Got the cherry down today.

Careful doing that kind of crap when the tree leans heavily towards the tractor. I've seen too many videos of things going wrong real quickly. That was one of the reasons why I bought a logging winch. My tractor is way too valuable to be playing games with it. Not to mention my life.

This one is for you Stihl guys. I have a MS210C that won't idle for ****. I took the original carb apart and soaked it for a week in carb cleaner. Put it back together and the saw just doesn't idle right no matter what I do to it. It revs up great and WOT is fine. When idleing it the revs go up and down slightly and it makes the chain spin. The motor is running like it is in a loping mode. If I lower the rpm's it stalls. I picked up a China carb and have the same issue with that carb. Turning the H and L screws does affect the saw running with either carb installed. Could it be an air leak? If I bring the rpm's up off idle the saw runs great but the chain is also spinning.

This one is for you Stihl guys. I have a MS210C that won't idle for ****. I took the original carb apart and soaked it for a week in carb cleaner. Put it back together and the saw just doesn't idle right no matter what I do to it. It revs up great and WOT is fine. When idleing it the revs go up and down slightly and it makes the chain spin. The motor is running like it is in a loping mode. If I lower the rpm's it stalls. I picked up a China carb and have the same issue with that carb. Turning the H and L screws does affect the saw running with either carb installed. Could it be an air leak? If I bring the rpm's up off idle the saw runs great but the chain is also spinning.
Sounds like an air leak to me.

Latest posts

Back