Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it have to be 'or'? :laugh:

Anyway, my SIL works at a major BBQ/heating/furniture joint in Melbourne and they don't seem to mind too much if the staff discount gets extended to family. We've been enduring nearly 2 years of one of the world's slowest renovations but are now getting close with the exterior done but still some things to do inside. We have a big deck up on the top level that we need to pimp out some more. We're getting one of these.

View attachment 1074682

I'm not sure if a pellet smoker is considered cheating or not by purists but it will allow set-and-forget smoking and lots of high-tech features. Looking forward to getting some goanna roasts in there!
Nice looks like it even has a radio. Rock on!

Why does it have to be 'or'? :laugh:

Anyway, my SIL works at a major BBQ/heating/furniture joint in Melbourne and they don't seem to mind too much if the staff discount gets extended to family. We've been enduring nearly 2 years of one of the world's slowest renovations but are now getting close with the exterior done but still some things to do inside. We have a big deck up on the top level that we need to pimp out some more. We're getting one of these.

View attachment 1074682

I'm not sure if a pellet smoker is considered cheating or not by purists but it will allow set-and-forget smoking and lots of high-tech features. Looking forward to getting some goanna roasts in there!
Lol!

As much as I'd love an offset smoker I just don't have the time to babysit one. I have a Traeger and I love it. Everything I have done has been great. The only thing I wish it did was get hot enough to actually grill/sear.

Had to look up goanna. Looks delicious!
Screenshot_20230412-150840_Google.jpg
🤢

I don't smoke anything, but I do like to grill over wood that imparts a flavor ... like grilling venison steaks or burgers over Black Cherry!

Black Cherry is abundant up at my property. Wish I also had Hickory up there, but there is none. Will also have to try Black Birch, there is a good amount of that up there also.
Black cherry smoked boston butt for about 8 hours is a dream.

5905E17F-D059-4F1B-BBB9-3892807D5940.jpeg

Lol!

As much as I'd love an offset smoker I just don't have the time to babysit one. I have a Traeger and I love it. Everything I have done has been great. The only thing I wish it did was get hot enough to actually grill/sear.

We're getting a separate BBQ to do that so we'll have both bases covered.

Staring a new job can be exciting and or nerve racking, follow what’s in ur best interests, and for your future and family and I think you’ll be just fine 👍
Still have to take te written test and see if I can pass that, thats the one I'm real nervous about.
Does your current employer offer any pension? $1900 a month is akin to drawing interest off of about 475K in cash so that is definitely a good deal...The other question would be what are the survivor benefits of that pension plan? IE what would your wife receive for her life if you died after retirement and she outlives you? Otherwise sounds like your current job may be the better fit especially if you will get seniority as people retire, leave, and/or pass away while still working.
So the guy I was talking with is a non union position filler / hiring type guy. Anything I asked him that pertains to union matters he kinda tried to avoid, and said "I can send you and information sheet on that." So other then what money I'd get paid, and conoany contributions he (I think genuinely) didn't seem to know.
I did talk with one of my clients that works there, and he said the 33.86 hr was wrong, it's $35 something hr now. He sent me a screen shot of the starting wages for his warehouse union employees. They are capped at $41 and starting is $35.
I think I'm going to and take the written test at least. That gets me another guy that works at the warehouse I'm looking at, who should have some more answers for me.
Apparently 2 strokes are good bear repellent🤔

Maybe pack your saw with bark box instead of the 44 mag😬

Ive heard of guys doing that around here with little brown bear, the revving dirt bikes not chainsaw... supposedly works. Never been in that situation.

Hello Gents! I've been super busy these days Fellas!

Today's work. I got two OVERLOADS in today!👍 That's tipped, limbed, bucked, logged, loaded, hauled and dumped x2
View attachment 1074520

Goodbye Gents! I'm STIHL super busy these days Fellas!

Until next time...

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!😉
Looks like a nice haul for sure.
Is that real Alaska, where's all the snow. Don't tell me in the hills, I see that ;).

Latest posts

Back