Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HOPE you're right. I just put all of the info into Carvana's website, and was honest in the description of it, this is what they came up with for an appraisal. I may actually sell it to them if their "real life" offer ends up being anywhere within 5K of that.

View attachment 1076998
That is really good. I know their sell prices are really high. I just sold my friends 2020 Nissan Rogue to a dealer for $23,200. She paid $20k for it 2 years ago. It listed new at $28,300. They now have it listed for $26k. She didn't want to deal with selling it. It was her deceased husband's car. I listed it on Cars.com for $24k at noontime. I sold it the next morning by 11am. There is a really big market right now for low mileage used vehicles. I paid under $32k for my 2016 RAM 2500 as a leftover. Two dealers want my truck really bad. I know that I can sell it for what I have into it. Then I would have to replace it. That would be very expensive.

That is really good. I know their sell prices are really high. I just sold my friends 2020 Nissan Rogue to a dealer for $23,200. She paid $20k for it 2 years ago. It listed new at $28,300. They now have it listed for $26k. She didn't want to deal with selling it. It was her deceased husband's car. I listed it on Cars.com for $24k at noontime. I sold it the next morning by 11am. There is a really big market right now for low mileage used vehicles. I paid under $32k for my 2016 RAM 2500 as a leftover. Two dealers want my truck really bad. I know that I can sell it for what I have into it. Then I would have to replace it. That would be very expensive.
People don’t realize the cost of the replacement aspect . It’s like homes around here if you’re selling at a high price be prepared to pay a high price . Can’t even do the move South or west anymore the homes have gone way up there also .

i saw the tire with the bulge, was it still holding air?
It not only was holding air, it was also heavily loaded until late last fall when we unloaded it,

output-image1666306618531-S.jpg

SR

Morning guys, guess it’s been a few days since I’ve been around here.

This is kind of an emotionally charged week for me… Yesterday was the anniversary of my ex leaving and today is the anniversary of my dad’s passing. Overall, it’s going pretty well, some years are better than others.
Hang in there friend. Both are some of the hardest things we can go thru.

I always try to only remember the date of birth, not the date of death.

Always keep the glass half full, not half empty.

And like I tell my wife about the dogs ... remember all the good times we had with them, not the day we had to put them down.

There are always many more good days than bad ones.

People don’t realize the cost of the replacement aspect . It’s like homes around here if you’re selling at a high price be prepared to pay a high price . Can’t even do the move South or west anymore the homes have gone way up there also .
Really tough for first time homebuyers around here, especially the working class.

I always try to only remember the date of birth, not the date of death.

Always keep the glass half full, not half empty.

And like I tell my wife about the dogs ... remember all the good times we had with them, not the day we had to put them down.

There are always many more good days than bad ones.
For the rest of my family, I observe their birthdays, but my dad died young, so it ends up being his date of death.

I agree on the dogs. I do not mourn my dogs who lived full lives. The only one with any regret is the husky mix who died at age 11 of cancer.

Pretty ****** of my ex to dump me on what she knew was the eve of my dad’s anniversary of death. But that shows her character.

It not only was holding air, it was also heavily loaded until late last fall when we unloaded it,

output-image1666306618531-S.jpg

SR
amazing! takes me right back to the 50's... and my Dad's 48 Ford sedan... and some of our adventures back then, auto related, and stopping for gasoline at the Texaco! always the Texaco! and the slide pop machine was 10-cents for a cold bottle...

we kids usually were rationed to the water fountain on the side of the temptations.... lol

1682179438021.png

@SS396driver I think I agree with you about taking the chains off although you can also buy that thicker clear vinyl that is sometimes used on rocker panels to protect from rock chips
Could use that I have a can of SEM rock guard for my everyday vehicles. But I think I’ll just do away with them

And of course I jinxed myself the turn signal switch went bad . But I just replaced the cam instead of the whole unit . 1D85B667-A642-466C-B81A-D50E914862F8.jpegDB915249-4DBB-4555-AA29-F78BCAA44B10.jpegFC65F910-9006-4207-BC22-53786B134E02.jpeg

No, but a computer geek with skills could in minutes.

Just a thought you might want to take out the picture that has his name on it.
I would if that was really his name. That's obviously not his name. That's my cousin, and I just put his name into my phone like that, because my phone announces out loud the caller I.D. when somebody is calling me, and I thought it would be funny when if he called me my phone would say out loud "Willy Nailer"! LOL.

Latest posts

Back