Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Startled the inspection guy this morning couldn’t find the original horns they will turn up eventually but I needed it inspected
View attachment 1076828
i have had that issue before, and solved the prob with same solution. issue was the inspector could not find any reference to say it was not illegal! just had to be heard from a certain distance!

👍

but the '70 LT-1 350 was definitely a 4-bolt main, steel crank sbc! same rod and crank journals as the 307! i had one i scrounged up in a hot rod buy deal... was going to pass on it, til seller said i am moving out of state, so all this is for sale, too!

i bought the entire package!!! the LT-1 was still NIB in the crate!!! :blob2:

if anyone has to ask what color was the paint splash on the parts... ha, they must be driving old Buicks! :laughing:
:givebeer:
I’ve been told You can use the 327 crank in a 4 bolt main 350 . You would now have a 4 bolt 327 . But I would just use the 350

looks nice! not often at 40K miles... a ground up restoration is needed! i prob could have gone just 'plug n play!

🤔 hmm, thinking that trailer hitch is an anomaly! ;)
What farm truck wouldn’t have a hitch ? I purchased from the original family truck was still on the farm in South Carolina . Truck was in relatively good condition but once I started on the bedwood (practically gone ) it snowballed on me

View attachment 1076858
stopped in for some mower gasoline yesterday. and there was a pair of Ford A roadster pickups. A-V8's (sbc) 28 and a 29. both genny tin! the 28 was in brown primer. done to be a kid's rod in High School circa 60s. nice! had two chains on back of pick up bed/tailgate. both had covers. body sat on 32 rails with steel 32 tank, too!
I’m doing away with the chains on the tailgate . No matter what you do they sway and damage the paint . I’m just going to use some nice SS pins and a set of rods to hold the gate when it’s down

Got to try out my 151T yesterday. Finally found a good deal on one ($350 on Facebook Marketplace) and I gotta say that I love this little saw

View attachment 1076835

I bought my dad one of these and he loves it. Light and punches above it's weight.

Paid more than double than you did though...

i have had that issue before, and solved the prob with same solution. issue was the inspector could not find any reference to say it was not illegal! just had to be heard from a certain distance!

👍
A train horn would have been more fun 😀

Just got a deal too good to pass up. I don't really "need" the 500i, as I've got the 462 which is similarly sized and does just fine, but I've just "wanted" one of these since before they were released in the U.S. This guy works at a tractor dealership that is also a Stihl dealer. He got me great prices on my 462 and 261. This is 300.00 cheaper than I've seen new anywhere else. And sometimes as much as 500.00 more at some places.

He only does it like this in cash, because I'm guessing it's less than Stihl dictates that it be sold. When I've bought saws like this from him before, they still come with warranty. I had the oiler go out on the 462, and they warrantied it for me. But, I think I'm going to have to jump on this one.

4-21-2.jpg

4-21.jpg

I’ve been told You can use the 327 crank in a 4 bolt main 350 . You would now have a 4 bolt 327 . But I would just use the 350
A 2-bolt with splayed caps is better. For a 327 build you can get away with a lot as you're not going very high in hp, and even if you did, it's not typically something that would be hitting higher hp #'s very often unless you're running turbo/turbos or a supercharger.
If I was building a 500hp plus small block again, I'd buy a dart block, otherwise your just gonna pay later. I don't really see that ever happening again though.
See what happens when you get old totally forgot I had rims with practically new tires off of my 72. Throw on some 16 inch wheel cover adapters and I have a new look View attachment 1076980View attachment 1076981
Without the caps View attachment 1076982
And it won't ride like a John Deere, a kubota would have been acceptable though LOL.
Truck looks great.
Seems you're feeling much better :).
I'm 100% better, just not back to 100%.
Renting a stump grinder this weekend to do the cherry stumps I "made" a while ago, then I'll grind all the stumps here at the house. Getting it tomorrow morning and I can keep it til Sunday evening for the price of one day. I figure this way if I get all tuckered out at the job I can just come home and rest, then do ours Sunday morning(church in the evening). Not sure which machine I'm going to rent yet, tracked 40hp diesel or the wheeled 50hp. I'm sure I could get it all done with the big machine, just as long as it doesn't get stuck out back :surprised3:, but at least I have some equipment here to help get it out if that does happen. Probably go with the bigger machine as I have quite a few larger stumps.

I've got two of my trucks that I'll be selling shortly, and they'll be priced (I think considering today's market) very realistically. A '17 Ram 2500 crew cab Laramie. 6.4 gas engine. Leather heated and cooled seats, large GPS, everything. I'm going to be putting a cheap flatbed on it, and get a few dents fixed before selling it. I'll probably start with an asking price of 30K. That one's got between 25-30K miles on it.

The other one will be a '13 Ram 2500 6.7 with 80K on it (I think, if I remember correctly). It's tuned and deleted. Crew cab, heated cloth seats, large GPS, and Big Horn Package. I'll probably sell that one for 15-17 firm after I get the little bit of rust repaired on the rockers.

Are THOSE prices crazy considering today's market?
You are low on those prices. The 17 will be around 34k and the diesel should be around 26k+ Local Ram dealer offered me 30k+ for my 2016 2500 SLT 6.4L 2 door cab 4x4 with 55k on it.

Remember this tire,

Resized-20230409-175850-S.jpg

Well, I took it to my tire guy and as soon as he started beating on the rim to break it down, (split rim) all kinds of rust let go,

Resized-20230421-134818-S.jpg

SO, as a new aftermarket rim was $200 I looked for and found a modern "used" rim for $75, and as a friend gave me a couple decent used tires, back to my tire guy I go to have one of the tires put on the new "to me" rim,

Resized-20230421-134921-S.jpg

and now "all is better". lol

SR

A 2-bolt with splayed caps is better. For a 327 build you can get away with a lot as you're not going very high in hp, and even if you did, it's not typically something that would be hitting higher hp #'s very often unless you're running turbo/turbos or a supercharger.
If I was building a 500hp plus small block again, I'd buy a dart block, otherwise your just gonna pay later. I don't really see that ever happening again though.

And it won't ride like a John Deere, a kubota would have been acceptable though LOL.
Truck looks great.
Seems you're feeling much better :).
I'm 100% better, just not back to 100%.
Renting a stump grinder this weekend to do the cherry stumps I "made" a while ago, then I'll grind all the stumps here at the house. Getting it tomorrow morning and I can keep it til Sunday evening for the price of one day. I figure this way if I get all tuckered out at the job I can just come home and rest, then do ours Sunday morning(church in the evening). Not sure which machine I'm going to rent yet, tracked 40hp diesel or the wheeled 50hp. I'm sure I could get it all done with the big machine, just as long as it doesn't get stuck out back :surprised3:, but at least I have some equipment here to help get it out if that does happen. Probably go with the bigger machine as I have quite a few larger stumps.
Much better my stamina is back after the pneumonia. Still cough once and while . Stitches came out today .
I really have no need to build a 4 bolt 327 . I’m ordering a blueprint 350 . New block and heads all new parts . It’s a 4 bolt block with roller cam .

Interesting re-dub on that one.

Folks may not agree but I would probably have put one barrel into the ground in front of her while she was still a ways back. I have heard that aggressive animals really do not like the combination of loud noises and the earth shaking at their feet.

Did you guys see how it zig zagged....
There was greasy spots on the ground.

You are low on those prices. The 17 will be around 34k and the diesel should be around 26k+ Local Ram dealer offered me 30k+ for my 2016 2500 SLT 6.4L 2 door cab 4x4 with 55k on it.
I HOPE you're right. I just put all of the info into Carvana's website, and was honest in the description of it, this is what they came up with for an appraisal. I may actually sell it to them if their "real life" offer ends up being anywhere within 5K of that.

Screenshot (1844).png

Just got a deal too good to pass up. I don't really "need" the 500i, as I've got the 462 which is similarly sized and does just fine, but I've just "wanted" one of these since before they were released in the U.S. This guy works at a tractor dealership that is also a Stihl dealer. He got me great prices on my 462 and 261. This is 300.00 cheaper than I've seen new anywhere else. And sometimes as much as 500.00 more at some places.

He only does it like this in cash, because I'm guessing it's less than Stihl dictates that it be sold. When I've bought saws like this from him before, they still come with warranty. I had the oiler go out on the 462, and they warrantied it for me. But, I think I'm going to have to jump on this one.

View attachment 1076977

View attachment 1076978
Hm, posting that might make him a former Stihl dealer…

Back