Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you try everything else to get the pitman off your steering box but it's been on there since ,07 and tools started breaking, so. I told the guys working on it...don't really care about the core, just need the new box on...
Solved.
Made quite a bang at the 20ton press....😁
replacing the arm was not an option…custom billet steel arm from OTT…special length and drop angle…
View attachment 1083750
At first, I thought I was looking at a very dark cupcake lol

When you try everything else to get the pitman off your steering box but it's been on there since ,07 and tools started breaking, so. I told the guys working on it...don't really care about the core, just need the new box on...
Solved.
Made quite a bang at the 20ton press....😁
replacing the arm was not an option…custom billet steel arm from OTT…special length and drop angle…
View attachment 1083750
I see you just left them your wallet. :laugh:

I love those early 2000's trucks, had several of them. Literally the only thing I didn't like was the ugly door moldings, they fade and/or fall off.
We ended taking the moldings off my dads 07 that my BIL has now ,well the ones that were still on it anyway

Nope, haven't found one made in the USA yet, or I'd buy it, you know I do what I can to stay away from anything china.
Dang, that's crazy high for those stihl chains :envy: .
I need an 84dl x .063 bar or two, I have a bunch of chains, but sold all those bars yrs ago.
I have 4 of them, but I'm keeping them! Two are the NLA lighter E bars with the wider yellow profile tip, and one is an older (NLA) ES wide tip. I often run that on my 8.6 Hp 660 clone when I want to noodle large rounds.

Dave aka @Czed likes them if im not mistaken, hes ran a lot of the archer and chini stuff.
Me not so much, insert trump saying China here 🤣
Archer is Oregon priced now for some reason
Do you still have all those 2166s?
I ran one tank through mine that dj ported very strong saw but both my zoo city 372 OE stomps it
IMG_20230401_130843424_HDR.jpg
I wanted to keep this 372 I rebuilt for a guy sometimes they are just right from the factory a very strong stock 372 not far from a ported sawIMG_20230305_124006752_HDR.jpg
I'm still running my stumpshot 266 mostly for residential jobs it's very quiet for a strong ported sawIMG_20230305_163809915_HDR.jpg
She called this honey locust a remembrance tree wtf?
And she had put ceramic fairies and cute pieces of damn iron ore throughout the limbs
I cut a fairie in half it tore cutter's to pieces on the iron ore.

At first, I thought I was looking at a very dark cupcake lol
Lol,
end of a sector shaft, ‘95 Toyota truck steering box, well past replacement time. I think I bought it in 06 for $100 when I did the solid axle swap on my ‘00 Tacoma. Obviously we didn’t coat the splines with antisieze back then :p

A perfect score. Went out to buck up a Horse Chestnut log. 3 saws Huske 435T, Stihl 400, Stihl 441CM. Got in couple hours finishing the brushing out and right at the end of that the Husky refused to start. Mounted 20' bar on the 400 and bucked up most of thelog until it got too big to cut clear through even with overbucking. Remounted to 24" bar. No go, saw no start not matter what I did. Mounted 20" bar to the 441 to finish the easy part of log and then start noodling. shut down a couple times to clear stuff out of the way and back to it. 441 refused to start after the 3rd shut down. Loaded what I had ready and came home. Out to unload that in a few minutes.

Shopping tomorrow and the 400 is going to the dealer to sort out. I have had trouble starting it from day one - mostly mhy problem as I can't pull it hard enough. This time though it failed to start warm - which I CAN pull.

The 441 is a puzzle, nover happened before, never had a problem starting it cold or warm. It was a warm day and saw was under half tank gas. I filled that up and tried again, not a pop.

A perfect score. Went out to buck up a Horse Chestnut log. 3 saws Huske 435T, Stihl 400, Stihl 441CM. Got in couple hours finishing the brushing out and right at the end of that the Husky refused to start. Mounted 20' bar on the 400 and bucked up most of thelog until it got too big to cut clear through even with overbucking. Remounted to 24" bar. No go, saw no start not matter what I did. Mounted 20" bar to the 441 to finish the easy part of log and then start noodling. shut down a couple times to clear stuff out of the way and back to it. 441 refused to start after the 3rd shut down. Loaded what I had ready and came home. Out to unload that in a few minutes.

Shopping tomorrow and the 400 is going to the dealer to sort out. I have had trouble starting it from day one - mostly mhy problem as I can't pull it hard enough. This time though it failed to start warm - which I CAN pull.

The 441 is a puzzle, nover happened before, never had a problem starting it cold or warm. It was a warm day and saw was under half tank gas. I filled that up and tried again, not a pop.
Sounds like a productive day though none the less.
I have a bit I need to buck up and split out back, probably not this weekend, and next week it warms up into the 80s they say :baba:. Sure is good to be ahead.
Did you ever pick up a couple D handles for those saws. I'd ask the dealer to put them on the 441 and the 400. I think it would really help.

I just need the bar, I bought a bunch of chains when they were on sale and I've always sold saws with the 063 bars so I could keep most everything .050 lol
I have 4 of them, but I'm keeping them! Two are the NLA lighter E bars with the wider yellow profile tip, and one is an older (NLA) ES wide tip. I often run that on my 8.6 Hp 660 clone when I want to noodle large rounds.
Those wide profile tips sure are nice, they're so dangerous we can't be trusted to ha e them anymore. Assault bars ;).
Archer is Oregon priced now for some reason
Do you still have all those 2166s?
I ran one tank through mine that dj ported very strong saw but both my zoo city 372 OE stomps it
View attachment 1083866
I wanted to keep this 372 I rebuilt for a guy sometimes they are just right from the factory a very strong stock 372 not far from a ported sawView attachment 1083867
I'm still running my stumpshot 266 mostly for residential jobs it's very quiet for a strong ported sawView attachment 1083868
She called this honey locust a remembrance tree wtf?
And she had put ceramic fairies and cute pieces of damn iron ore throughout the limbs
I cut a fairie in half it tore cutter's to pieces on the iron ore.
I sold the 2166 from a couple yrs ago back then. I had 12 of the tractor supply ones and one other I had picked up. I kept one around with a ported cylinder for myself, but I prefer the huskys for handling. I have a 2166, but it's all stock, and it doesn't have the dreaded "R" on the bottom :laugh:.
Do you have a 372oe with a 268 pop-up in it. I'm still amazed by how those run with just a muffler mod and a bit of timing advance. Easiest starting 70cc saw I've ever ran. I need to get a couple of those pistons done up, maybe @Red97 could hook me up. I also have a 572 I should assemble or just sell. I bought it as a builder with no case, then snagged up a new case with the rotating assembly in it. Those things run nice, I still really like the pop-up 268 saws.
That tree was/ is nasty!

Not insulting you, but have you checked out your gas? It's odd to have 2 saws not start after running them both. Some left over winter gas possible?

I just need the bar, I bought a bunch of chains when they were on sale and I've always sold saws with the 063 bars so I could keep most everything .050 lol

Those wide profile tips sure are nice, they're so dangerous we can't be trusted to ha e them anymore. Assault bars ;).

I sold the 2166 from a couple yrs ago back then. I had 12 of the tractor supply ones and one other I had picked up. I kept one around with a ported cylinder for myself, but I prefer the huskys for handling. I have a 2166, but it's all stock, and it doesn't have the dreaded "R" on the bottom :laugh:.
Do you have a 372oe with a 268 pop-up in it. I'm still amazed by how those run with just a muffler mod and a bit of timing advance. Easiest starting 70cc saw I've ever ran. I need to get a couple of those pistons done up, maybe @Red97 could hook me up. I also have a 572 I should assemble or just sell. I bought it as a builder with no case, then snagged up a new case with the rotating assembly in it. Those things run nice, I still really like the pop-up 268 saws.
That tree was/ is nasty!

I've put 4 of them in 372s over the year's
They have good rpm but torque isn't quite regular 372 level
But they start easier than many 50cc saws
And will pull a 24" good in hardwood.

Latest posts

Back