Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So spent the past 2 days dealing with the p0420 code on the escape. Fortunately the codes point twords the front cat. In my genius (not really) I thought if get all 4 o2 sensors. They came out just fine except the one on the cross over pipe gutted the threads on it, so now I'm ripping that out. Had to take a break... the chickens are helping lol
Now you know where that 10mm went 😆.

That fork lift is sweet, looks like it's set up for moving round bales.
Hard to believe you didn't have a motor there at the house, looking at the satellite view of your place, I'm sure I seen one, but I know those pictures are old :laughing:.
Curious to see what the next sat pic of our property is gonna look at. I need to have my work take a screen shot of it when I have the semi at the house, they have viewable GPS tracking on it and all the other trucks and the trailers too.
I scrounged some rocks yesterday out back when I had the little trailer out, then moved 10-12 buckets of dirt, then removed the rototiller. The little tractor backed right out of the hole in med(it has hi,med, and low gears) without spinning, I was real surprised as the big tractor likes to spin coming out if your not really moving when backing and then let off as it starts to bog down on the hill, basically you have to do it just right or you're going back into the bottom to try again in another area you didn't tear up.
View attachment 1089359View attachment 1089360

I guess Costco doesn't thing anyone who has a chainsaw will be stealing their picnic table, they'd probably come back to the tree ceiling gone and the table still there lol.
View attachment 1089361
1/4” cable and a kwanzan cherry? How many honest thieves are out there today?

1/4” cable and a kwanzan cherry? How many honest thieves are out there today?
Looked pretty small, probably 1/4, that would certainly be an easy one if someone wanted that table.
I can't think of the species, see them more south of here, they are native to Eastern Asia, iirc it has water in the name and they flower this time of yr. Pretty neat looking tree.
You mean thieves that would tell you they stole it if you asked lol.

I know NOTHING about logging, your situation or what you're doing with the logs. But it looks like you're clear cutting an area for a purpose? Seems like some of those logs are too small do do anything with. Better to give them 10-20 years?

That fork lift is sweet, looks like it's set up for moving round bales.
Hard to believe you didn't have a motor there at the house, looking at the satellite view of your place, I'm sure I seen one, but I know those pictures are old :laughing:.
Curious to see what the next sat pic of our property is gonna look at. I need to have my work take a screen shot of it when I have the semi at the house, they have viewable GPS tracking on it and all the other trucks and the trailers too.
I scrounged some rocks yesterday out back when I had the little trailer out, then moved 10-12 buckets of dirt, then removed the rototiller. The little tractor backed right out of the hole in med(it has hi,med, and low gears) without spinning, I was real surprised as the big tractor likes to spin coming out if your not really moving when backing and then let off as it starts to bog down on the hill, basically you have to do it just right or you're going back into the bottom to try again in another area you didn't tear up.
View attachment 1089359View attachment 1089360

I guess Costco doesn't thing anyone who has a chainsaw will be stealing their picnic table, they'd probably come back to the tree ceiling gone and the table still there lol.
View attachment 1089361
My B7510 just has high and low, the newer models have a mid range, I can't say a time where I would have thought an in-between gear was needed, but often wonder if I had it would I like it?
Now you know where that 10mm went 😆.
No, it was a 12mm black hawk ratchet wrench that my boy stuck down the jack handle without me noticing... the darn chickens are more interested in pecking me the messing with the tools. I will say this much, I need to grab the hoe and get digging the foundation of the shop, we had a few showers that I had to quickly clean up and retreat from and I was half on the stones.
Turned into a bigger project then i had wanted it to. One broken stud and the new cat outlet wasn't welded in right, so lots of messing around making that fit properly. Ended up cutting the bottom of the old cat off and welding it to the new cat. Then i noticed the muffler had a rot hole in it, went to take that apart and realized the tail pipe was shot too.... got those ordered. This all started with it needing an oil change, I needed to remove the oil filter to get the maifold/cat out, thought I had everything I needed... boy was I wrong lol.

So, related to the above post.
My wife is driving the expedition, and hates it. Says the steering is sloppy. I never noticed, guess I drive it too much and got used to it. So I'll have to check that out. It's due for inspection next month, so I have to decide if I want to jiffy up the rockers so it will pass inspection, then plan on doing inner and outer rockers after the shops up, or just keep patching it and run it into the ground. It's right at that point where I'd normally plan on getting rid of it, but I haven't seen anything newer I like. I'd love to grab an excursion but they are either garbage, or made of gold. I don't care that ford went to an independent rear suspension in the newer expeditions either, and I don't want anything gm.

Latest posts

Back