Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to warm to work here yet with out sweating your ash off ! cutting 3(6 cords boiler wood 26"/28" rounds) truck loads a day will put me through 5 t- shirts before the days end! cant wait for the first frost to halt the gnats and fly's.
Most people call 6 cords a season. Chucker calls it a day. You are an animal.

This weather has been great here. 50's at night 70's during the day. Great sleeping with the windows open weather. But I can feel fall coming and know that this week or the next I need to get on the ladder and clean the chimney. I hate ladders but I need to climb the 30' and do the yearly ritual.
Just pretend your climbing a treestand in search of that big buck and it won't be so bad. :laugh:

Rockin out after dinner! I'm surprised the pic didn't come out fuzzier, I was getting down in the cab with the tunes jammed up to 11! HAHAHAHA! hauled two loads of bigazz chunks over to the "to be split" heap, hauled two loads of old gone punky splits back for first burning this season. A little at a time, it adds up! Had to order a new bar today, my 24 is just..bad, even with repairs. cuts screwy, and I need it for a noodler.. Dropped a dime to Terry, got a new Total super bar coming, yaaa me!

Attachments

• IMG_20150923_182609.jpg
    IMG_20150923_182609.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 40
Bad scroungers .
Last year , http://www.novanewsnow.com/News/Loc...3818004/Thieves-target-firewood-in-Falmouth/1
This year , http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ns/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/15-09-15-092126-eng.htm

Even though the RCMP toot their horn on the bust it was all started and set in motion by a friend of mine who is a conservation officer here in Nova Scotia , he got the tip about the stolen firewood and did the work to find , prove and setup the arrest in conjunction with the RCMP , everything other than the firewood was a complete surprise .

I did tell him that I would store the firewood and equipment till the trial was over at no charge LOL

I have not fired up a saw in over a month!!! But today, I dropped a dead Elm tree at my daughter's house, and split some rounds of Norway Maple and Oak they had in the driveway (my SIL has an electric splitter, but it does not handle real wood). It was not a big tree, but it was up on a wall, and between two houses, so there was no room for error, and no place to retreat! I left the hinge thick and had it roped, and all went well.

Just brought the 362 and 044 #1 as I knew I would not need more than a 20" bar, but that dead Elm made the 362 work, so the 044 got a good amount of run time. Felt good to get out again!

Attachments

• Floor&Wood50923 015.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 015.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37
  • Floor&Wood50923 013.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 013.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Floor&Wood50923 014.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 014.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 43
  • Floor&Wood50923 016.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 016.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • Floor&Wood50923 017.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 017.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Floor&Wood50923 018.jpg
    Floor&Wood50923 018.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-000-lb-pick-up-truck-mount-crane/A-p8558389e

I bought this today , gonna mount it on the RonCo LH1 for a while while I'm still scrounging stuff for the RonCo LH2HD
The new to me scrounge mobile is getting closer to be on the road , had to get it apart to replace the rotted rad support .

IMG_20150923_174759.jpg

No ac in this one , it's broked :(

I was going to do that, then decided on a new Polaris, with the year end deals (I think they are on again now).

Got a Sportsman 570, Reasons:

1) EFI
2) Engine Breaking (Very important if you go down hill with a load, and I like it even w/o a load). Good for any hilly terrain.
3) Good towing Capacity.
4) Reputed to have one of the best independent suspensions out there.

I figured I would own it for a long time, wanted something very reliable.

Good Luck with your search.

I have not fired up a saw in over a month!!! But today, I dropped a dead Elm tree at my daughter's house, and split some rounds of Norway Maple and Oak they had in the driveway (my SIL has an electric splitter, but it does not handle real wood). It was not a big tree, but it was up on a wall, and between two houses, so there was no room for error, and no place to retreat! I left the hinge thick and had it roped, and all went well.

Just brought the 362 and 044 #1 as I knew I would not need more than a 20" bar, but that dead Elm made the 362 work, so the 044 got a good amount of run time. Felt good to get out again!

I can't believe the 362 had any issue's with that little tree. Is it broke?

Back