Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what this brush is called if it has a name? I use it for saw cleaning, etc with mineral spirits. Used with gas last and it fell apart. Bristles aren't melted so I think it's just old. Can't remember where I got it from. HF doesn't carry anything like this. You guys use something better?

Wooded handled, stiff plastic bristles.
IMG_2003.JPG

Anyone know what this brush is called if it has a name? I use it for saw cleaning, etc with mineral spirits.
Oddly enough it's called exactly what you use it for: parts cleaning brush. Commonly used in a parts washing cabinet with solvent.

Oddly enough it's called exactly what you use it for: parts cleaning brush. Commonly used in a parts washing cabinet with solvent.
they come in a variety of sizes. i have some i use. even a glue brush as a small parts cleaner brush. the one i use most of the time i am pretty sure i got from Snap-On. small, wood handle made like djg's
1691160200197.png

the one that came with my Snap-On parts cleaning system had a hose on it for solvent

1691160070337.png

ck out Amazon, they offer a variety. this one is similar to djg's

1691160141364.png

Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)​

i met a guy other day. he was starting a job to clean up house curb view and then later on, soon... do some remodeling. occupant had passed a couple of months ago. daughter wanted to clean the place up. i introduced him to my neighbor, elderly lady needing some light tree work done, fence and around her pool. with my help, we negotiated a sweet deal for her. 1/3 or so of first quote. i passed by the empty house yesterday. some wire coiled up on garage door handle. i stopped bike ride to take a look-see. hmm, 1/8th, maybe 3/16ths... cable wire. with terminations both ends and U clamps. and plenty long. so i called the guy and inquired. yes, u can have it. a nice scrounge for a project i had been thinking some wire cable would do nice on! i plan to stake it out, measure it as i need same for other side, too. a good scrounge and included some other stuff

well, u get the idea. maybe 25' or so
1691165730962.png

Anyone know what this brush is called if it has a name? I use it for saw cleaning, etc with mineral spirits. Used with gas last and it fell apart. Bristles aren't melted so I think it's just old. Can't remember where I got it from. HF doesn't carry anything like this. You guys use something better?

Wooded handled, stiff plastic bristles.
View attachment 1102162
Back in my deck hand days in the Coast Guard we called that a Sash Tool.

I was back to mowing, mowing and mowing some more today,

Resized-20230804-131308-S.jpg

SR

Back