Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my butchered deer meat this morning all vacuum packed in freezer bags. The guy congratulated me on not destroying any meat on the deer. I had a perfect lung shot. I was going to butcher it but my wife doesn't like wrapping it all up. We are having tenderloin and steaks for dinner.

Wait, let me amend that ... I think I'll bring my Uncle to help with the cutting, and I'll bring the 6 way splitter AND A COUPLE OF NEPHEWS to help with the splitting!

Hopefully, he can split wood straighter than he shoots!
So, you know the guy I meant when I said “more saws than the local store”🤣🤣

The wife and I took 3 grandkids on a local hike yesterday with a view of Putnam Lake. It was about 2 miles each way.

Then we went out for dinner I we brought them to a great place for burgers ... and they raved about it! It is not a big place (looks like a refurbished house), with Ox yokes and horse bridals hanging from the walls. The burgers are the best around! The wife and I go there regularly, but the kids had never been there before and really appreciated it.
Great pics Uncle Mike!!

Lol.
Yer missin' out man!
I tell you what....the house smells awesome! 👌
My house smells amazing

Making Chicken Parm

Nothing like the smell of olive oil, garlic, onion and oregano frying the breaded chicken breast before it gets smothered in marinara and mozzarella and tossed in the oven

Gonna go with Penne for the side

My house smells amazing

Making Chicken Parm

Nothing like the smell of olive oil, garlic, onion and oregano frying the breaded chicken breast before it gets smothered in marinara and mozzarella and tossed in the oven

Sounds delicious.... 👍

My house smells amazing

Making Chicken Parm

Sounds delicious.... 👍
Especially with a side of sour kraut. :dancing:

On Call? What is your current profession?
Currently a ride tech for hershey. Not my preference for a job, it pays decent and 15min drive from the house. The wife is happy I'm not pounding the road, and never home. I miss working on diesels. This is more tedious, fussy and complicated systems. Not a lot of joy in my work.

Currently a ride tech for hershey. Not my preference for a job, it pays decent and 15min drive from the house. The wife is happy I'm not pounding the road, and never home. I miss working on diesels. This is more tedious, fussy and complicated systems. Not a lot of joy in my work.
I hear ya', but real men make those sort of compromises when it's best for the family.

My helper. Always want to help Dad. Couldn’t ask for much more than my son wanting to work on stuff with me.

Him showing me a queen aint he found from A log I split.

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
I hear ya', but real men make those sort of compromises when it's best for the family.
One of the hardest things I've done as an adult, both financially and career. I loved my job. Love my wife and kids more. I'll likely retire from here, unless something better pops up that's close.

Latest posts

Back