Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a smart pants but they do....

I have seen several people declined when trying to buy a handgun. Wonder if they knew they had to pass check or if the figured they could answer no and they would get approved.
As an FFL dealer, I filed a lot of applications for handgun purchases. Only two were denied. One was a 66 year old man, and the other was the girlfriend of a Deputy Sheriff that brought her in to fill out the paperwork! Both of them were "surprised", but neither appealed the decision.

Ok. Back to saws and wood n stuff. Make Arboristsite Great Again! Ooh aah!
I have been hearing a lot of buzz about the new Stihl ms462. I have a ms460. On paper they're pretty close with the 462 about a pound lighter. For those of you who have run both, is it really that much of an upgrade?
I have two 046's on the shelf..... I bought the 462R mostly because of the lighter weight. I like the 046 with a 32 or 36" bar when bucking bigger logs - if it's not to far from the truck! The 462 gets packed on the trails!

Ok. Back to saws and wood n stuff. Make Arboristsite Great Again! Ooh aah!
I have been hearing a lot of buzz about the new Stihl ms462. I have a ms460. On paper they're pretty close with the 462 about a pound lighter. For those of you who have run both, is it really that much of an upgrade?
My brother sold his 460 after running my ported 462 and got a ported 462. As we get older, the weight difference becomes more important.

Performance wise, it can be a tough call because 046/460 timing #s and performance are all over the place! Some of them run much stronger than others.

But the 462 is much more user friendly. It is smoother, it is faster, it is computer controlled (no tuning) and has instant throttle response. It also has that real nice clean air filter technology, which saves a lot of time with not cleaning the filter so often. The 460 has a few more ccs, and if you got a good one it may have a bit more grunt. With 20" and 24" bars my 462s are my go-to saws, with 28" bars I will usually go with a hybrid or my ported 460.

Note: Almost everything I cut is hardwood.

Ya know what the best part of being a Husqvarna guy in a family of Stihl lovers is?

When they are on the 5-6pull on the cord I get to ask them, “Are you Stihl pulling?? I’ve been cutting for a while now”

🤣🤣🤣
And here I thought the best part was when your Husky dies, you just pick up (and run) one of your Uncle's ported (or un-ported) Stihls!

That 044 has been running strong for a long time!

A good saw is one that runs strong, has a sharp chain and a competent operator.

A good gun is one that shoots straight all the time and gets the job done!

A good car is one that is fast, handles well, is reliable and fun to drive.

Now, isn't it nice that we have numerous choices to accomplish these goals so that we don't have to all have to make the exact same choice ... how boring would that be!

As an FFL dealer, I filed a lot of applications for handgun purchases. Only two were denied. One was a 66 year old man, and the other was the girlfriend of a Deputy Sheriff that brought her in to fill out the paperwork! Both of them were "surprised", but neither appealed the decision.
Are you running a brick and mortar store or out of your house?

I think we need to get this thread back on the chainsaw and Firewood and that kind of stuff. I don’t want to get us in trouble if we get too political. I know I can get quite worked up, and I know all you Other red blooded men can be worked up too

Just got off work, headed home, maybe I’ll go hang out with the brother-in-law tonight
Woodshed pics? :innocent: :dumb2:
1703325986710.png

I think we need to get this thread back on the chainsaw and Firewood and that kind of stuff. I don’t want to get us in trouble if we get too political. I know I can get quite worked up, and I know all you Other red blooded men can be worked up too

Just got off work, headed home, maybe I’ll go hang out with the brother-in-law tonight
X2

I have an 046 Magnum and haven't run it since I got my 462. The 462 is lighter and has more power.

Imagine if you ever ran a 372xp….

🤣🤣🤣

You’d be in love and not know what to do with yourself
462 is the only saw in Stihl's entire line-up that I'd like to try, but I can't possibly imagine enough gain over a 372.

Back