Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the money it’s a no brainer . New block with roller cam . Aluminum heads 5 year warranty that doesn’t void because owner installed . Hope to install it in the next few weeks
The only complaint we had was from a guy who had a pretty rowdy 327 in his 69 Camaro that had a rod that wanted to see daylight. We put in the 375 hp 350 from Blueprint. When he picked it up and started it for the first time he was disappointed with how smooth it idled. Needless to say he was pleasantly surprised with the driveability and when he got on it the first time he was amazed how it pulled right up to 6k rpm. Another added benefit was enough vacuum to run his brake booster.

Scrounged the last of the garden 2023 butternut from the basement and made a pie.
View attachment 1165465
a very diluted bleach wash and stood on end on mats really made for a long shelf life!

Scrounged an old cement mixer and am about ready to run my gas tank tumbler.
View attachment 1165466
Didn't think about a bleach wash. Half mine rotted in the basement.

Last post then bed

I say Grizz

There are fools on Facebook that are saying Gorilla

I had to remind them a Gorilla weighs 400 and a Grizz 800 and stand 3 feet taller and has CLAWS

What do you guys think??

I think the Lion even beats the gorilla

Claws are hard to beat….View attachment 1165500
I think it's the gorilla with his superior intelligence and ability to climb. But....claws are hard to beat!

Scrounged the last of the garden 2023 butternut from the basement and made a pie.
View attachment 1165465
a very diluted bleach wash and stood on end on mats really made for a long shelf life!

Scrounged an old cement mixer and am about ready to run my gas tank tumbler.
View attachment 1165466

Old timers would put a tractor on blocks and ratchet strap a fuel tank full of steel shot to the drive wheel. Just make sure to block the wheels good in case she comes down. :laugh:

Old timers would put a tractor on blocks and ratchet strap a fuel tank full of steel shot to the drive wheel. Just make sure to block the wheels good in case she comes down. :laugh:
I've never seen anyone put one on blocks doing that, but I have seen someone driving around with a tank on the wheel before.

Also, anyone I ever saw do it, used stones inside the tank.

SR

Last post then bed

I say Grizz

There are fools on Facebook that are saying Gorilla

I had to remind them a Gorilla weighs 400 and a Grizz 800 and stand 3 feet taller and has CLAWS

What do you guys think??

I think the Lion even beats the gorilla

Claws are hard to beat….View attachment 1165500
Gorilla..... Brute strength like no other. Once saw it's smaller cousin pick a big wooden wire spool up over his head and throw it a fair piece across his enclosure. I want no part of a large male silverback!

Cottonwood? :p
Bout 1000003649.jpgkilt me over 2 short days 🤣
Not 30 anymore...
Cut them into 20-footers...going to a woodyard down the road.
1000003648.jpg1000003653.jpg
With help from Thing 1 today. Some of the cottonwood quarters were too big to consider fitting through the OWB door. (Thing 2 will get her turn to help tomorrow. )

Back