Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I'm going to point out the obvious here and I want you to take heed. We have a political form where you can discuss anything you like. This thread is not there. While this thread is and has been more of a general open discission topic form than a firewood scrounging thread you all need to remember a political discussion does not belong here. Some members in this thread have been warned in the past about continued off topic banter so with that said if it continues we will have to start using the warning tool and assign points. End of discussion. If I come back and there are d more posts about it you will receive a warning.

10-4 -- Are we still good to keep it an open discussion as long as we keep political hot button issues out of it?
Yes but please respect the people that come here that actually want to talk scrounging. If you are rambling on about remodeling your great aunts kitchen and how it had 12 layers of multicolored 70's linoleum any you continue on about how you think you were exposed to lead and then move into a discussion about how the epoxi used in modern canned foods is causing Alzheimer's disease and probably worse than lead and how you want to plant a garden but dont have a rototiller but should build a garage to put one and maybe relocate your boiler... It gets to a point where your general discussions are affecting others interest in scrounging, keep it in check.

So its starting to feel like we need a Firewood Scroungers BS thread so we can talk about well all of the off topic stuff like hunting, guns, maple syurp, wiskey... and all the other stuff we get into. and then this one can be dedicated only to scrounging firewood. Thoughts?

So its starting to feel like we need a Firewood Scroungers BS thread so we can talk about well all of the off topic stuff like hunting, guns, maple syurp, wiskey... and all the other stuff we get into. and then this one can be dedicated only to scrounging firewood. Thoughts?
It might be too late for that.

Hey what does the 5020 AV delete do? Never noticed that mod before

That refers to the plastic bracing I installed on the rear handle to cure the issue of the throttle position varying due to the AV allowing the handle to flex away from the power head too much. May be a bit of an misnomer...I guess I didn't "delete" the AV as much as I rendered it less operable.

EDIT- had to note that here I am, posting about something that is not technically scrounging firewood. I don't want to be called out as a hypocrite.

You get an hour of daylight after work? I'm jealous. Right now, I'm doing a few minutes of splitting a couple nights a week, just to keep up with what (little) wood I am burning by the light of an LED work lamp and the glow out the kitchen window. I hate this time of year, 5 days a week of leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark.

That refers to the plastic bracing I installed on the rear handle to cure the issue of the throttle position varying due to the AV allowing the handle to flex away from the power head too much. May be a bit of an misnomer...I guess I didn't "delete" the AV as much as I rendered it less operable.

EDIT- had to note that here I am, posting about something that is not technically scrounging firewood. I don't want to be called out as a hypocrite.
Is there a thread on this mod, or pics?

Latest posts

Back