Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was given the opportunity to fix our non flushing toilet. We suspected my 2yo daughter was flushing disposable toilet scrubbing pads down the toilet which are basically octagon shaped chunks of something similar to Brillo pad. Well thankfully the 5' snake successful dislodged whatever was in there.

Dad called yesterday. His inept neighbor had a maple (i think) taken down and limbed, and wondered if id remove it for him for firewood. I did the same thing a month ago for a huge red oak at a different neighbors, guess he saw me out there. Should be about 2 truck/trailer loads.

Qhw6otG.jpg

izeBuqv.jpg

I dig the black center, may try to rip a piece to put deer skulls on.

That is pretty outstanding svk. I wish I could meet more of the guys on here.
Heck yeah it was.

Save one, all of the AS members that I have met in person have been absolutely top notch folks.

I caught up with @old guy this morning on my way to work to do a little horse trading. He had a use for a bar I had and traded me for a good old Mac D-44 (running) to add to my growing collection. I will post up a pic later, she's a pretty beast. Even came with a freshly sharpened chain.

Heck yeah it was.

Save one, all of the AS members that I have met in person have been absolutely top notch folks.

I caught up with @old guy this morning on my way to work to do a little horse trading. He had a use for a bar I had and traded me for a good old Mac D-44 (running) to add to my growing collection. I will post up a pic later, she's a pretty beast. Even came with a freshly sharpened chain.
I guess I didn't picture @oldguy to be a she or a pretty beast! Guess you never know!

Sometimes I question weather to share or not, but the heck with it! All of the older folk will have done it, but not sure about the younger ones, it used to be quite a FAD!!! (right along with yo yos!!!)

Well, my wife ordered a Hula Hoop for Christmas, and it came today, and we broke it out and started foolin with it, and yea, I can still do it!!!!

On a more relevant note, I took the limiters out of that 460 today, so that when the other parts come we can tune it properly! Seems like removing those plastic buggers never goes as smoothly as it should!

Sometimes I question weather to share or not, but the heck with it! All of the older folk will have done it, but not sure about the younger ones, it used to be quite a FAD!!! (right along with yo yos!!!)

Well, my wife ordered a Hula Hoop for Christmas, and it came today, and we broke it out and started foolin with it, and yea, I can still do it!!!!

On a more relevant note, I took the limiters out of that 460 today, so that when the other parts come we can tune it properly! Seems like removing those plastic buggers never goes as smoothly as it should!
I blew my daughters mind when I showed her my mad hula skills. There seems to be a small tire shaped band of "muscle" that kept pushing the hoop down but I could do the neck hula and the twirl around one ankle while skipping thing. Lol!

Well I pulled/trimmed the limiters on the cs310 today. Then did a quick little muffler mod on the saw. Reassembled and gave it a quick tune and it seems like a different saw. These echos sure do take well to simple muffler mod and tune. What's nice is these mufflers don't need to be split. Now I need to get to working the wood pile. The little cs310 will get the call just to cut to some logs to length.

I just wish I was the dude that invented the hula hoop. Now, a geezer might even remember the "Mash" episode where Klinger was the inventor, not me though. LOL

Latest posts

Back