Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added another Stihl to my stable yesterday also. Stopped by a local pawn shop and found an MS260 Pro with an almost new 18" b&c on the shelf. It looks like the previous owner stored it in a mud hole, but it fired right up. Talked the pawn shop owner down to $130. Couldn't hardly pass it up so it came home with me.

nice pics NA. glad the daughter doesn't look like you.:buttkick: i have a lady that loves the walnut for her fireplace, burns nice blues and greens flames. let it dry till the bark is almost falling off.
Ahhh she looks just like I did as a kid. She only picked up a few features from her mom. You know all the good ones. But the is no denying she is mine [emoji1].

If she keeps going the way she is, she is going to be a heck of a woman and it will take a heck of a man to keep up. As it is, seems like she loves to work the firewood, she always helps load the stove, she picks the splits that go in. She helped butcher a deer and loved it, she wants to hunt, loves to scout, and is a heck of a shot with the nerf guns at 3.5. She likes fishing as well. Her favorite store is home depot. Ohh my.... I know lots of things change but a daddy can dream...

Happy new year ya scroungers. May you all find standing dead wood really close to your house.
Thanks, and happy late new year KOG.
Well, got this right out in front maybe 250ft away from the house:).
This is the first load, just filled the wheelbarrow full enough to fill my rack in the house. Going back for the second one after a short break.
I didn't want to have to push or drag the wheelbarrow through the snow so I carried it with the tractor, nothing like scrounging on your own property. It was a dead standing cherry I pushed over a while back, I was planning on throwing it in the bonfire pit today, but once I cut into it it was way to good to throw away.20160102_153943.jpg

Best find so far at the local dump. Someone must have cleared a lot or something. Huge oak logs stacked like i couldn't believe with a couple cherry mixed in. Made a bunch of trips to get all the ones we could manage to roll onto the trailer...

38f16808e584e89b6133a0a48dd9dff9.jpg

Best find so far at the local dump. Someone must have cleared a lot or something. Huge oak logs stacked like i couldn't believe with a couple cherry mixed in. Made a bunch of trips to get all the ones we could manage to roll onto the trailer...
Great scrounge right there! The county dump where I'm at is too far away for me to feasibly drive to. I'd use 3/4 tank of gas round trip in the gas hog Ford. Now that I've had it for a couple months, my best guess without actually putting a calculator to it is around 5 mpg.

Back