Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys this is completely totally sideways, but because we are all outdoors enthusiasts/workers, etc..a good bunch to ask.

OK, this has been bugging the crap outta me since last summer. I can't explain it other than woo-woo-weird or I am going nuts (<-distinct possibility, ha!). Background, been in the same place for over 12 years now, my puter table and chair, the same place. I sit next to a window, faces almost due north. This summer for the first time, I got direct morning sunlight coming in. NEVER happened before. No trees cleared in that direction, nothing else has changed. And also..all the trees...they are all "off" just a little, just don't look right to me. Not necessarily sickly, just ..odd..wrong somehow, growing weird, starting to be more twisted, especially the ones I remember as being real straight.

Anyone else have anything like this that changed the past year, anything you noticed that made you go hmmmm??? There's more, but that's enough for now.

nice layup :D we could have some fun with this Zogger but a snappy comeback isn't coming to me just yet.

Maybe residuals from that nasty spider bite you had?
Global weirding?

Sounds like a great beginning to a Twilight Zone episode :p

in all seriousness, climate change seems to be messing with everything around here. maybe same for you?

Old guy retires and has more time at home with the wife.
As the wife gets into her usual chores she says .... "you've got more time now so how about helping out some more around home"?
Retired guy: .... "sure darling, I'll help you more now"
Wife: "how about starting with the vacuuming, my back is killing me after doing it all these years and I have to go shopping"
guy says: "ok dear."

wife returns home some time later and sees the floors still haven't been vacuumed
wife starts in on him: "you're no help, you haven't even made the time to get the floors vacuumed yet"?!!!
Retired guy "don't blame me, the damn vacuum is broke .... it won't start"!

Just want to let you know, I showed this to my wife & she lost it!!!

Zogg , I saw some trees that didn't look right today , I hopped on the tractor went out and cut them down :)

IMG_20160109_151058.jpg

IMG_20160109_150845.jpg

IMG_20160109_170411.jpg

Hey guys this is completely totally sideways, but because we are all outdoors enthusiasts/workers, etc..a good bunch to ask.

OK, this has been bugging the crap outta me since last summer. I can't explain it other than woo-woo-weird or I am going nuts (<-distinct possibility, ha!). Background, been in the same place for over 12 years now, my puter table and chair, the same place. I sit next to a window, faces almost due north. This summer for the first time, I got direct morning sunlight coming in. NEVER happened before. No trees cleared in that direction, nothing else has changed. And also..all the trees...they are all "off" just a little, just don't look right to me. Not necessarily sickly, just ..odd..wrong somehow, growing weird, starting to be more twisted, especially the ones I remember as being real straight.

Anyone else have anything like this that changed the past year, anything you noticed that made you go hmmmm??? There's more, but that's enough for now.
the earth is twisting on its axis ever so slightly as most wont notice! that's why the north side is seeing more sun light then usual... were are all doomed for either a warm up or a deeper freeze. pends on where you are as to the new fate of the new world order... watch out for the space aliens that are due to show up not long after the fun starts... am I missing anything ? lol

Qualudes !!! <<spelling. The 60's has side effects...

hahahaha! OK, not those things, never tried them, but certainly did my share of normal partying back then.

I'll let it go, just thought..maybe someone else had noticed something odd with the world as regards directions and the sun, etc.. I was reading awhile ago about some eskimeaux that had been noticing odd changes as well. Like I said..been bugging me, almost brought it up before and didn't, just felt like it because I was thinking about it again tonight earlier.

or then again maybe its all from the oil that we have pumped out of the ground and everything is going wobbly from no balance ???? imagine the earth with out an even keel, we all might fall off the earth into a great abyss ..... were doooooooommed I say were doomed! oh my.

the earth is twisting on its axis ever so slightly as most wont notice! that's why the north side is seeing more sun light then usual... were are all doomed for either a warm up or a deeper freeze. pends on where you are as to the new fate of the new world order... watch out for the space aliens that are due to show up not long after the fun starts... am I missing anything ? lol

*snort* hehe, ya you hit most of it. The thing is..a legit observation on my part. Oh well, might be quite mundane, the thing about the cabin twisting a little, might be. Not a lot, a couple degrees, but just enough to let the sun in, in the morning in summer.

Almost forgot the dumb ass stunt I pulled this evening.

I normally never use these ramps as I know what happens. But I had to haul the wheeler and the trailer was already in use.

I'm still not sure how it didn't end up on top of me. Divine intervention at minimum.

View attachment 477294
So cutting with no ppe, almost flipped the atv over on yourself and you were a mod on this forum???

Old guy retires and has more time at home with the wife.
As the wife gets into her usual chores she says .... "you've got more time now so how about helping out some more around home"?
Retired guy: .... "sure darling, I'll help you more now"
Wife: "how about starting with the vacuuming, my back is killing me after doing it all these years and I have to go shopping"
guy says: "ok dear."

wife returns home some time later and sees the floors still haven't been vacuumed
wife starts in on him: "you're no help, you haven't even made the time to get the floors vacuumed yet"?!!!
Retired guy "don't blame me, the damn vacuum is broke .... it won't start"!

Ethanol fuel really sucks:surprised3:.
Just want to let you know, I showed this to my wife & she lost it!!!
My wife laughed as well:).

Latest posts

Back