Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys this is completely totally sideways, but because we are all outdoors enthusiasts/workers, etc..a good bunch to ask.

OK, this has been bugging the crap outta me since last summer. I can't explain it other than woo-woo-weird or I am going nuts (<-distinct possibility, ha!). Background, been in the same place for over 12 years now, my puter table and chair, the same place. I sit next to a window, faces almost due north. This summer for the first time, I got direct morning sunlight coming in. NEVER happened before. No trees cleared in that direction, nothing else has changed. And also..all the trees...they are all "off" just a little, just don't look right to me. Not necessarily sickly, just ..odd..wrong somehow, growing weird, starting to be more twisted, especially the ones I remember as being real straight.

Anyone else have anything like this that changed the past year, anything you noticed that made you go hmmmm??? There's more, but that's enough for now.
Have you had your prescription for your glasses checked out:).

hahahaha! OK, not those things, never tried them, but certainly did my share of normal partying back then.

I'll let it go, just thought..maybe someone else had noticed something odd with the world as regards directions and the sun, etc.. I was reading awhile ago about some eskimeaux that had been noticing odd changes as well. Like I said..been bugging me, almost brought it up before and didn't, just felt like it because I was thinking about it again tonight earlier.
I thought that was normal partying back then:dizzy:

So cutting with no ppe, almost flipped the atv over on yourself and you were a mod on this forum???
I don't cut without ppe...
I just filled out an application to become a mod and they didn't ask if I used PPE, LSD, or marijuani:popcorn2:.
I failed the portion where they asked if I had ever flipped a quad out the back of a truck:laughing:.

great taste in soda but miller lite:wtf: I prefer Spaten October fest on tap. But thanks for your time as a mod. Scrounged 2/3 of a cord of mixed hard wood last weekend cutting up fallen stuff that was in poison Ivey this summer and gave me hell. Yesterday I snagged a bunch of pine from a snow mobile dealer. Great for starting fires or for ramping it back up. Kiln dry is the way to go. I have a new lead on some year old pine but it's raining hard so that's another day

great taste in soda but miller lite:wtf: I prefer Spaten October fest on tap. But thanks for your time as a mod. Scrounged 2/3 of a cord of mixed hard wood last weekend cutting up fallen stuff that was in poison Ivey this summer and gave me hell. Yesterday I snagged a bunch of pine from a snow mobile dealer. Great for starting fires or for ramping it back up. Kiln dry is the way to go. I have a new lead on some year old pine but it's raining hard so that's another day
Where are you seeing Miller Lite? I can't stand that stuff!

Hey guys this is completely totally sideways, but because we are all outdoors enthusiasts/workers, etc..a good bunch to ask.

OK, this has been bugging the crap outta me since last summer. I can't explain it other than woo-woo-weird or I am going nuts (<-distinct possibility, ha!). Background, been in the same place for over 12 years now, my puter table and chair, the same place. I sit next to a window, faces almost due north. This summer for the first time, I got direct morning sunlight coming in. NEVER happened before. No trees cleared in that direction, nothing else has changed. And also..all the trees...they are all "off" just a little, just don't look right to me. Not necessarily sickly, just ..odd..wrong somehow, growing weird, starting to be more twisted, especially the ones I remember as being real straight.

Anyone else have anything like this that changed the past year, anything you noticed that made you go hmmmm??? There's more, but that's enough for now.
are you sure they were the medicinal mushrooms Zog?:rolleyes:

Hey, my new scrounging trailer. Something small & light that I can use to drag logs with the ATV to where I want to cut and split them.

I wanted it to be easily portable instead of indestructible. It is not for the real big stuff, just for the bulk of what I need to move.

Attachments

• 460jug1-10-16 004.jpg
    460jug1-10-16 004.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 460jug1-10-16 005.jpg
    460jug1-10-16 005.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
Hey, my new scrounging trailer. Something small & light that I can use to drag logs with the ATV to where I want to cut and split them.

I wanted it to be easily portable instead of indestructible. It is not for the real big stuff, just for the bulk of what I need to move.
Nice. Perfect for logs you can lift one end by hand. For the heavier logs, you could chain it on upside down and roll it with a cant hook, hook up and haul out. Makes me miss my atv!

Almost forgot the dumb ass stunt I pulled this evening after drinking a case or two of miller lite I thought was soda (this post was modified for dramatic effect, svk does not drink miller lite)

Divine intervention at minimum.
Someone was watching out:).
View attachment 477294
I was wondering what happened when I saw this picture, now I get it:cheers:.
I fixed the post for you svk.
Mod in training(just tell me if I did it properly svk).
Nice scrounge husqvarna257. It is sunday, but we need don't take anything by faith in the scrounge thread, no pictures it didn't happen
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Also you know that the oils from poison Ivy can stay on clothing and whatnot for up to two yrs:surprised3:.

That pretty sweet Mike. It's great seeing all the ideas, there certainly is more than one way to skin a cat LOL.
I have a couple questions, does it pivot. It kinda looks like you may have made it that way then changed it or something, can't quite tell.
I was also wondering what is up with that doublewide milk crate with the rope in it, did you guys put the same stuff in my coffee as in zogger's, cause it really messes with my mind:dizzy:.
Nice. Perfect for logs you can lift one end by hand. For the heavier logs, you could chain it on upside down and roll it with a cant hook, hook up and haul out. Makes me miss my atv!
Thats pretty good thinking wood nazi.
Even having my Kubota tractor I find the quads are faster at many things. It's a Fiskars vs the hydro splitter thing, right tool for the job.

I can lift the end of the log with the timberjack, then slide the trailer under it.

It does pivot.

It was far cheaper than buying one of those contraptions, but yes, they do look slick.

That is just a regular Milk Crate I keep my ropes in, nothing special.

Hopefully I will get to try it out over the next couple of days, I will be up at the cabin. No Wi Fi up there, so you won't hear from me for a bit.

We also got lots of other stuff we got to do, so I may not get time to play with my new toy!

You guys have probably seen this logosol skidder trailer. I think this is a slick idea.

That's a pretty nice one. I've seen many, but I don't remember that one.

When we were talking a while ago about our yard/quad trailers the "protection structures" in front of the wheels is what I was saying I would like to build.
After seeing the video and the skidder mustangmike made, I think I may try to modify my quad trailer so I can remove the bed and convert it over to a skidder using some of these ideas. They didn't have a torch, and sawsall so these guys will have to do :blob2::chainsaw:.
I'll take some pics of the quad trailer in a few(gotta haul some wood into the house) and you guys can tell me what you think/throw some ideas out there.

IMG_20160110_141312324_zpsw7payi01.jpg

IMG_20160110_141259757_HDR_zpsbpq8k4hl.jpg

Company owners farm. Scrounged a wee bit of walnut, mulberry, some down and seasoned oak, and dropped a nasty 2.5' Locust. He said I could cut all the Locust I want, buy after fighting with that thing and stacking the brush I'm going to pass until my other honey holes dry up.

I had to wheelbarrow the mixed wood out of the timber, that was a treat. I'm beat...... 8 hours of " recreational " wood cutting kicked my butt.

Latest posts

Back