Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have more woods and less farm here. The further East you go that trend continues. North and west of me is 200 acre fields and 20 acre woods. That is what we own the most of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What I heard in the post, great to see some of mom/dads stuff, even though she has bad taste, I love her:heart:.
I have an awesome MIL as well:)
The fireplace has such great sentimental value we are still trying to figure out how to fit it in the Suburban:picture:

Maybe I'm not understanding every one today, fixed it BL:laughing:
My FIL asked today if it was tough for me to go through all of that stuff. I said hell no, this is the best closure I could ask for. The house is going to be taken better care of, the junk is going to be thrown away, and the rest of the stuff is going to get used by someone.

The house has literally been unused for the last 4 years as she went from the bed to the couch and laid there all day. And truthfully she was probably in the house at least a year too long but her obstinate, know it all siblings fought me tooth and nail to get her more help because they wouldn't acknowledge/admit that she needed help.

My FIL asked today if it was tough for me to go through all of that stuff. I said hell no, this is the best closure I could ask for. The house is going to be taken better care of, the junk is going to be thrown away, and the rest of the stuff is going to get used by someone.

The house has literally been unused for the last 4 years as she went from the bed to the couch and laid there all day. And truthfully she was probably in the house at least a year too long but her obstinate, know it all siblings fought me tooth and nail to get her more help because they wouldn't acknowledge/admit that she needed help.
Family issues can sure cause a a mess.
I love how you and your in-laws are the ones there doing all the worko_O, and I would guess have born a lot, if not all the burden of dealing with the situation:(.
With the wife having 6 siblings I know it all to well, 2.5hr trips to Ohio either way then mowing for 3.5hrs( with the mower I haul down) when I get there are common place as my FIL struggles with dementia and goes back and forth with doing well and not. The great thing is that 2 of her siblings are close in proximity and do a lot, and another a bit further away and helps so we have a pretty fair and good working relationship. The others come into town and let us know what we are doing wrong:nofunny:. The fights and back biting when he first lost his drivers license were, lets say a bit child like.
Fortunately my wife has "left her father and mother(and family) and is cleaving to her husband:dancing: and that makes it all work out fine in our relationship:D. It took a while, but once she went across the threshold she did a great job breaking free of the family grip.
Sounds like you and your wife/in-laws have a great relationship, you are a fortunate guy.

Now lets talk about the other stuff before the mods send us to Band Camp for not staying on topic LOL

Did you burn the cord of wood and how did you end up getting the fireplace in the suburban.

Family issues can sure cause a a mess.
I love how you and your in-laws are the ones there doing all the worko_O, and I would guess have born a lot, if not all the burden of dealing with the situation:(.
With the wife having 6 siblings I know it all to well, 2.5hr trips to Ohio either way then mowing for 3.5hrs( with the mower I haul down) when I get there are common place as my FIL struggles with dementia and goes back and forth with doing well and not. The great thing is that 2 of her siblings are close in proximity and do a lot, and another a bit further away and helps so we have a pretty fair and good working relationship. The others come into town and let us know what we are doing wrong:nofunny:. The fights and back biting when he first lost his drivers license were, lets say a bit child like.
Fortunately my wife has "left her father and mother(and family) and is cleaving to her husband:dancing: and that makes it all work out fine in our relationship:D. It took a while, but once she went across the threshold she did a great job breaking free of the family grip.
Sounds like you and your wife/in-laws have a great relationship, you are a fortunate guy.

Now lets talk about the other stuff before the mods send us to Band Camp for not staying on topic LOL

Did you burn the cord of wood and how did you end up getting the fireplace in the suburban.
Yes, we are lucky for the parents in law. My dad died before my kids were born and my mom never acted like a grandmother. They (in laws) have been great for my kids and when you need them, they step up. I made sure they benefited by helping us too.

I'd say with another two days we'll have the house pretty well cleared up. Hopefully the buyers financing takes as long as they expect (45 days or so) as I don't want them pushing to get it closed early.

Using scrounged up and now repurposed surplus pressure treated greenhouse tables, and some bought pt lumber, the new small engine shed/garage is coming along. One side for mowers, the other side is the future home of Rapid Precision Motor Saws...

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_154000.jpg
    IMG_20160207_154000.jpg
    998.5 KB · Views: 44
Using scrounged up and now repurposed surplus pressure treated greenhouse tables, and some bought pt lumber, the new small engine shed/garage is coming along. One side for mowers, the other side is the future home of Rapid Precision Motor Saws...
Get-r-dun zogger.
I remember it wasn't to long ago when you where encouraging me with some tips/advice on things I could do for the roof on my woodshed.
It was 2 months and a week or so, glad I started that when I did.
Thanks again for the tips.
Stretch some shade cloth or landscape fabric or chicken wire or something across the roof first, then the billboard tarps. Will help to stop the development of sag puddles.

Hey zogger, you won't believe what I found behind my shed in the metal pile.
A couple partial rolls of the heavier guage fencing. It's the stuff that has the rectangle holes in it. I figure it would probably be enough for the center bay at least if I can't find any steel before the snow flies.
Do you need me to bring you some of that chicken wire down that way, I can pick up that splitter that's just sitting there rusting:).

building your own business' facility is surely something to be proud of. :yes: coming along. am wondering how the block bldg. fits in? I assume ur description is for the framework u r building. one side mowers, other side: Rapid Precision Motor Saws.

what size is the new building going to be?

I took the liberty to brighten up your pix. mostly so I could see better your work and efforts. the one you uploaded is quite dark. posting it here. hope u don't mind. if so, just say so and I will remove it. or if u want, use it for yourself, if u edit ur pix I can delete it, etc... or both can stay... it wont bother me however u prefer... I lightened it one step further than I liked since posting reposting darkens a jpg, etc.

Rapid Precision Motor Saws, et al:

zogbiz.jpg

building your own business' facility is surely something to be proud of. :yes: coming along. am wondering how the block bldg. fits in? I assume ur description is for the framework u r building. one side mowers, other side: Rapid Precision Motor Saws.

what size is the new building going to be?

I took the liberty to brighten up your pix. mostly so I could see better your work and efforts. the one you uploaded is quite dark. posting it here. hope u don't mind. if so, just say so and I will remove it. or if u want, use it for yourself, if u edit ur pix I can delete it, etc... or both can stay... it wont bother me however u prefer... I lightened it one step further than I liked since posting reposting darkens a jpg, etc.

Rapid Precision Motor Saws, et al:

View attachment 484500

Thanks for the image work. I was half shooting into the sun.

Building is not big, more a shed, one side will have a workbench area. I put it there as the block building is the well house and there's power there I can borrow.

I had those two end walls as odd size greenhouse tables which are unused and kept thinking they would be good..end walls. The backwall is a full size table. I have another reinforced full sized one that will be set on top for the roof.

Thanks for the image work. I was half shooting into the sun.

Building is not big, more a shed, one side will have a workbench area. I put it there as the block building is the well house and there's power there I can borrow.

I had those two end walls as odd size greenhouse tables which are unused and kept thinking they would be good..end walls. The backwall is a full size table. I have another reinforced full sized one that will be set on top for the roof.

sure, man... any time! :) I think 'we' got the lumber color hue pretty good! at least... about right!, eh? lol. keep up the good work, great scrounging... looks true, plum n square!! can't beat that!! ;)

sure, man... any time! :) I think 'we' got the lumber color hue pretty good! at least... about right!, eh? lol. keep up the good work, great scrounging... looks true, plum n square!! can't beat that!! ;)

hahaha! Well, it's not really plumb and square, all those old tables got the wiggles and sags to them, but it is sorta almost ready. It's all shimmed almost level, a bit more to go, then I will cut in and tap in 6x6 and 4x4 scrap blocks I have to stabilize it. trying to get by with a good enough structure that won't incur additional taxes, I think this will fly around here like those "portable" backyard sheds and carports.

Those things are heavy! The long ones are 6x16, I hand drug them down and heaved them up and tacked it together using those spiked mending plate things and a few recycled nails. I am still tacking as I am making it, need another load of new 2x4s for the important pieces, once tacked, I have a big box of exterior screws to use, I'll go around and any place I see to make it stronger will get a screw.. I want it pretty solid before I use the loader and forks to put the roof on. The overhang I will wait until the main roof is on. It isn't real pretty carpentry, but good enough I think, making use of a heap of tables that were just sitting around in the weeds.

Scrounged up a nice Windsor speed tip 20" bar for the new saw over in the trading post.

Now I just need a "pretty" bar for the 550 and we are good to go. At the rate the current pro lite is wearing down it won't be long until I am getting a different one anyhow.
Is the oregon pro lite supposed to be the equivalent to the stock bar.
Mine seems to be wearing faster than I feel it should, and I keep the oil flowing good and the chain tight:(.

Made a few noodles today with the 365xt. I gotta say that was fun. No clutch cover clog ups. I really liked the saw. I think it is darn near right on from a tuning perspective. Ok it's close. I need to run it a little more and check the plug but it looked like a happy saw in the cold today. Ok... Ok... I really loved running a big saw to noodle. I may be a husky guy now...
1 of three loads trips I made to get the wood to the wood pile.

9a95ff949c283322c263658d9711fcd5.jpg

Is the oregon pro lite supposed to be the equivalent to the stock bar.
Mine seems to be wearing faster than I feel it should, and I keep the oil flowing good and the chain tight:(.
I bought the saw PHO as it came from Spike60 across the country.

I found an Oregon Pro Lite bar on sale locally so I bought it. But it must be an older model because it doesn't have a replaceable tip. The rails towards the nose are already wearing down and I do flip the bar pretty religiously. Doesn't matter to me because I want a better bar eventually but I just haven't found a good one at a good price yet.

Made a few noodles today with the 365xt. I gotta say that was fun. No clutch cover clog ups. I really liked the saw. I think it is darn near right on from a tuning perspective. Ok it's close. I need to run it a little more and check the plug but it looked like a happy saw in the cold today. Ok... Ok... I really loved running a big saw to noodle. I may be a husky guy now...
1 of three loads trips I made to get the wood to the wood pile.

9a95ff949c283322c263658d9711fcd5.jpg
My 365 likes to gather noodles under the clutch cover. It will clear itself with a piss-rev and shoots noodles everywhere! The poulan while slower, never clogs up.
I just tuned my husky, it was a little lean on both the low and high. Plug was a little on the light side and it wouldn't idle well and after running under load, it took a while to return to idle. I think I got it running pretty good now. And it's wearing a new chisel chain. They're good saws.

Back