Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20160518_192824.jpg

I was a good scrounging neighbour tonight by keeping the noise at a bare minimum .
Looks like a great operation there! Where did that scrounge come from?

I've lived on both sides of the border and they each have their good points. As for the politics, I can't do anything about it other than vote. One thing I miss about America is biscuits and gravy! Lol. Plan on going through Michigan this year, which I enjoy. We spent 14 years living in Arkansas and Mississippi, so Ontario is quite a change of pace. They can't cook worth crap up here. Haha. I am a bbq God with what I learned down south. One thing for sure is I never had to cut any firewood down there.

svk, auction buying is all about paying attention to the auctioneer and the crowd. And remembering where the good stuff is hidden in which boxes. People are very slow to start bidding so I often buy the 1st item at a sale and there are good deals if you stay until the end too. I go to a lot of Amish sales so I've been practicing a one bid plan for awhile now and it seems to stop them from even bidding. They want to start every item for nothing every time and make the auctioneer work for every penny. If I want the item, I bid what I think is just a little less than what I want to pay for it and it really seems to get rid of the tire kickers.
I gave away the Solo to a girl from work. Easy come easy go sometimes.

svk, auction buying is all about paying attention to the auctioneer and the crowd. And remembering where the good stuff is hidden in which boxes. People are very slow to start bidding so I often buy the 1st item at a sale and there are good deals if you stay until the end too. I go to a lot of Amish sales so I've been practicing a one bid plan for awhile now and it seems to stop them from even bidding. They want to start every item for nothing every time and make the auctioneer work for every penny. If I want the item, I bid what I think is just a little less than what I want to pay for it and it really seems to get rid of the tire kickers.
I gave away the Solo to a girl from work. Easy come easy go sometimes.
I bought mine new from the store.

I do not go to auctions as I would buy everything.

Good One!

some tunes just have it! this one, The Auctioneer rocks on... and no doubt will forever and a day, right on and into the tomorrows of eternity!

really like it... right up there, imo with 409, Dream Lover, Beep Beep (nash rambler song) and almost anything by Roy Orbison or Neil Sedaka... :)

I've lived on both sides of the border and they each have their good points. As for the politics, I can't do anything about it other than vote. One thing I miss about America is biscuits and gravy! Lol. Plan on going through Michigan this year, which I enjoy. We spent 14 years living in Arkansas and Mississippi, so Ontario is quite a change of pace. They can't cook worth crap up here. Haha. I am a bbq God with what I learned down south. One thing for sure is I never had to cut any firewood down there.

> Haha. I am a bbq God with what I learned down south :barbecue:.

:baaa: DDD to da bone smokin' BBQ we do down heres, this a parts... oh yeah! ....

SCROUNGE UPDATE:

Well, I finally got my latest scrounge kinda dried out, so I loaded it all up on my scrounge haulin' trailer (chipper, u noting! ? )... and once felled in place, I decided I best buck it up... so buck it up I did!... this afternoon. kinda ezpeasy with my stinger of a saw, Echo CS-271T... :chainsaw: and in no time I had me a pile, just a tad short or so of a cord... ;)... I said, short... lol... some saw dust to clean up... and a nice pile of firewood. camp fire firewood... love that saw!!! thot u mite enjoy the other end of BIG scrounges... :laughing: and so here are some updated pix to my latest, but not greatest scrounge:

my Echo brancher/limber timber saw... CS-271T fired to life 2nd pull... today. everyday! :) scrench is cause bar and chain had to be reset, I leave loose when its in its home...
P1010004.JPG

confirmed: CS-271T
P1010005.JPG

this bucked scrounge once dried... will be camp fire ready... plenty stix! ~
P1010006.JPG

this saw earns it's keep over n over... over n over, again. ck out that awesome green lawn! pretty, but like some women... high maintenance... gets mowed every couple daze... lol
P1010007.JPG

my 271-T's Happy Home... :D
P1010008.JPG

:p

Latest posts

Back