Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do see the snake head in the right hand side of that fist pic, and the little piece of egg shell in the bottom of the nest???
Just a leaf Mike, you can even see the shadow of the other side of it if you look close, but it sure does look like a snake.
I think I saw the piece of broken egg, but didn't pay much attention, I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attention :laugh:.
It is a new nest as I have been watching them build it up, pretty cool stuff for sure.
I'll snap a picture every now and then since it's right by my new green rounds pile so we can all enjoy the progress:).

Happy BDay Clint !!!

Here's a Bday gift !

tzXlsUa6q8ThZjWfw6TKeY-u2X0I3lf7fOqvv2jREo8VSgJhcz83KIov4wiw2PU506-vzoDp4g=w1091-h805-no

Seeing as you like wood and stuff LOL

Ok, maybe you all wanted to see some scrounged wood pictures.
This load came from my buddies that I dropped the ash trees at last week, it's the second full load of 2.5 total.
I loaded this one up with the help of my kids and wife, what a great family activity. Because it was dead standing it was relatively light and easy for my wife and daughters to work with at the trailer while my son and I loaded the bucket and ran the loads to them.
After we were done with that I dropped the 4 other trees that were hanging over his neighbors shed using the winch on my tractor to make light work of it, but it still took a little rigging and planning to get the job done, but I stacked all 4 right on top of each other:).
View attachment 504178
We had to toss the whole load onto the ground today as I got a call from a tree guy who had another load of wood for me:clap:. Green red oak on top, dead standing ash and white oak on the bottom:). So a little for my new green bucked wood pile and a little for my seasoned wood pile.View attachment 504180View attachment 504181
That's a great looking scrounge there my friend that should make for a good weekend of splitting!

That's a great looking scrounge there my friend that should make for a good weekend of splitting!
Thanks VT.
Haven't done anything on it yet today, just not moving much, not real motivated today for some reason.
I at least need to have the trailer wood all bucked up and off the trailer, but that shouldn't take long. Just ground up a nice stihl chain for the 044 so looking forward to that, just stuck on the couch.
Like I tell my wife," I work hard, I play hard, I rest hard, don't interrupt any of them".
It's not meant to be rude, but when I'm working if you stop me for something I don't start right back up well, and so on I'm sure you get it:).

Thanks VT.
Haven't done anything on it yet today, just not moving much, not real motivated today for some reason.
I at least need to have the trailer wood all bucked up and off the trailer, but that shouldn't take long. Just ground up a nice stihl chain for the 044 so looking forward to that, just stuck on the couch.
Like I tell my wife," I work hard, I play hard, I rest hard, don't interrupt any of them".
It's not meant to be rude, but when I'm working if you stop me for something I don't start right back up well, and so on I'm sure you get it:).
For sure I don't know how it is on that side of the state but its kind of dreary on this side I just got home from work going to work in a couple saws for some customers and relax

For sure I don't know how it is on that side of the state but its kind of dreary on this side I just got home from work going to work in a couple saws for some customers and relax
Surprisingly nice out. Partially cloudy sun shining and 77 degrees:havingarest:.
Dreary can be a condition dealt with quite often here though as you already know.
The nice thing is if you get in the car and drive to the lake michigan the sun will be shining most times as the clouds form when the air changes over the land at the lake shore.

Surprisingly nice out. Partially cloudy sun shining and 77 degrees:havingarest:.
Dreary can be a condition dealt with quite often here though as you already know.
The nice thing is if you get in the car and drive to the lake michigan the sun will be shining most times as the clouds form when the air changes over the land at the lake shore.
Yup Ive been in grand rapids a few times a friend went to school out that way its definitely nice out that way. This state is all backwards one day 80 the next day it's snowing.[emoji53]

Found some old pics of scrounginig firewood on my Dads place about 30 years ago with my brother and Dad, cutting with my Dads sthil 051, one of the first saws I ran.View attachment 504166View attachment 504167
Forgot to respond to your post last night nate as I fell out after watching a movie with my wife.
I loved the old pictures and I also see why your truck it loaded like it is in your avatar, you've been loading like that for many yrs;).
I hope my kids can look back at our pictures and enjoy the time spent and the lessons learned and do the same for their kids, warms my heart.

Yup Ive been in grand rapids a few times a friend went to school out that way its definitely nice out that way. This state is all backwards one day 80 the next day it's snowing.[emoji53]
That's true, since the last time it was 79 a few weeks ago it has snowed multiple times LOL.

Forgot to respond to your post last night nate as I fell out after watching a movie with my wife.
I loved the old pictures and I also see why your truck it loaded like it is in your avatar, you've been loading like that for many yrs;).
I hope my kids can look back at our pictures and enjoy the time spent and the lessons learned and do the same for their kids, warms my heart.
Thanks chipper, ya my Dad always liked to load everything as high as he could, no sense going to the house with half a load;). Very thankful for those times, learned a great deal from my Dad. Lots of good times and memories.

Thanks chipper, ya my Dad always liked to load everything as high as he could, no sense going to the house with half a load;). Very thankful for those times, learned a great deal from my Dad. Lots of good times and memories.

As me also, It will never happen again, You only have one, when he is gone he does not come back, as I know. Love that truck!! 1985 or 1986 model?

( you will always remember your dad ) Hope I am not of out of turn here.

Ok, maybe you all wanted to see some scrounged wood pictures.
This load came from my buddies that I dropped the ash trees at last week, it's the second full load of 2.5 total.
I loaded this one up with the help of my kids and wife, what a great family activity. Because it was dead standing it was relatively light and easy for my wife and daughters to work with at the trailer while my son and I loaded the bucket and ran the loads to them.
After we were done with that I dropped the 4 other trees that were hanging over his neighbors shed using the winch on my tractor to make light work of it, but it still took a little rigging and planning to get the job done, but I stacked all 4 right on top of each other:).
View attachment 504178
We had to toss the whole load onto the ground today as I got a call from a tree guy who had another load of wood for me:clap:. Green red oak on top, dead standing ash and white oak on the bottom:). So a little for my new green bucked wood pile and a little for my seasoned wood pile.View attachment 504180View attachment 504181

chippster - you are a caddy kinda tree guy! caddy scrounge, caddy trailer, caddy ops... caddy pix... and caddy woodpile. hope u don't get too tired, I kinda like your style of scrounging... I may aspire to it one day... well, so long as I don't expire trying it... lol... keep them pix incoming ~

yes, very caddy!

as in cadillac

Back