Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing I got that bird nest pic when I did, it is empty today!

Anyway, did some more splitting today. Tomorrow I plan to take a break. They are having a 22 shoot at the club (steel targets). Gonna have some fun.

Don't know if it is my new cell phone or what, but can only post one of the two pics I took today. Message says file it too large! I knew we split a lot of wood!

look into this: http://resize.it/

320 - 640 about ideal email size. seems AS ok with larger. with resize it, u can easily change pix size to make it more manageable. also, a single pix may upload better than a string of them... several large may get: file too large! individually, fly... a smart fone should have very good resolution controls... both as a set up standard, and also to change on the fly...

View attachment 504280 Instead of cutting a tree down, I planted one today. A red maple in memory of my dad like the one that grew in our front yard. I used to climb as a child. Scrounge pile and splitter in the back ground just to stay on topic. Lol.

nice to know. thanks for sharing... good pix, too

As me also, It will never happen again, You only have one, when he is gone he does not come back, as I know. Love that truck!! 1985 or 1986 model?

( you will always remember your dad ) Hope I am not of out of turn here.
Thanks for your comments Amberg, I'm very thankful for the time I've had with my Dad.... unfortunately my Dad has lukemea and doc says a day or two left:(. Sorry to hear that your Dad is gone. Part of the reason I cut wood today (and read this thread) -good thearpy. Had many good times cutting wood (and logging) with my Dad. He is a great man and father.
Good eye, pickup is 86, great wood hauler.

View attachment 504280 Instead of cutting a tree down, I planted one today. A red maple in memory of my dad like the one that grew in our front yard. I used to climb as a child. Scrounge pile and splitter in the back ground just to stay on topic. Lol.
Very nice

Found some old pics of scrounginig firewood on my Dads place about 30 years ago with my brother and Dad, cutting with my Dads sthil 051, one of the first saws I ran.View attachment 504166View attachment 504167

Thanks for your comments Amberg, I'm very thankful for the time I've had with my Dad.... unfortunately my Dad has lukemea and doc says a day or two left:(. Sorry to hear that your Dad is gone. Part of the reason I cut wood today (and read this thread) -good thearpy. Had many good times cutting wood (and logging) with my Dad. He is a great man and father.
well, sorry to hear of the sad news, LN~ initially, I dint ck our ur logging pix... thot, oh just some old pix... wood cutting... as I was just quickly cruising thru scrounging... then to splitting. but now I see the importance of such shots as those. good family pix! quite unique. family of men, logging... you and ur brother, working together, with Dad! definitely chips off the old block! what lumberjack wouldn't be proud of that?... his kids chips off the ol block! lol. :) pix echos: family that cuts together, stays together... and of course, kids r chips off the ol block!

time and history tell us... shows us... billions of men have walked the face of the earth! billions still here... their efforts in the issue of procreation... quite noteworthy. billions... but only one man is Dad!... only one ever can truly be called Dad... tuff to loose a loved one, especially a parent... tuff to loose Dad! ~ :rare2:

I have pix of my father still up from when he was here... always the same feeling each time I look at them... few men, if any... are more of an influence in our lives than our fathers... no doubt he will be missed greatly by you and your brother, family... but in retrospect, many thanks to be had that you din't miss life without him... be strong, sad as you will. we all suffer from it, loss... it's part of life, too.

will add you and your family to some extra prayers... :)

BL

well, sorry to hear of the sad news, LN~ initially, I dint ck our ur logging pix... thot, oh just some old pix... wood cutting... as I was just quickly cruising thru scrounging... then to splitting. but now I see the importance of such shots as those. good family pix! quite unique. family of men, logging... you and ur brother, working together, with Dad! definitely chips off the old block! what lumberjack wouldn't be proud of that?... his kids chips off the ol block! lol. :) pix echos: family that cuts together, stays together... and of course, kids r chips off the ol block!

time and history tell us... shows us... billions of men have walked the face of the earth! billions still here... their efforts in the issue of procreation... quite noteworthy. billions... but only one man is Dad!... only one ever can truly be called Dad... tuff to loose a loved one, especially a parent... tuff to loose Dad! ~ :rare2:

I have pix of my father still up from when he was here... always the same feeling each time I look at them... few men, if any... are more of an influence in our lives than our fathers... no doubt he will be missed greatly by you and your brother, family... but in retrospect, many thanks to be had that you din't miss life without him... be strong, sad as you will. we all suffer from it, loss... it's part of life, too.

will add you and yourr family to some extra prayers...
Thanks BL, good words, thanks for prayers.

That would be a good thing to do:), very thoughtful WN.
Thanks chipper, ya my Dad always liked to load everything as high as he could, no sense going to the house with half a load;). Very thankful for those times, learned a great deal from my Dad. Lots of good times and memories.
For sure, interesting how I realized I didn't comment on those pictures and was drawn back to them to comment especially after seeing your dad is not doing well.
I will be praying for Him, you, as well as the rest of your family.
As me also, It will never happen again, You only have one, when he is gone he does not come back, as I know. Love that truck!! 1985 or 1986 model?

( you will always remember your dad ) Hope I am not of out of turn here.
Not out of turn at all. I think it's great to have a community here that is about so much more than scrounged wood, saws, chains, tractors, even the dreaded oil threads :), to where we can all share what we love the most and the things that mean the most to us. The thing that makes up this thread and keeps it going is the men who scrounge, not the scrounge, and as so many for whatever reasons are remembering their loved ones at this particular time I feel it is totally on topic and appreciated when we can trust others in this way and be open with our thoughts about what matters, without being bashed for it.
Not out of turn at all amberg, quite the opposite in my opinion, and sorry to here about your Dad.

Your Dad has to be a great guy for his son to be supportive and empathetic in his own personal time of need. If he could hear what your saying, proud would only begin to describe his feelings I'm sure:yes:.

will add you and your family to some extra prayers... :)

BL
Thanks for sharing BL.

It's awesome to me to be able to have the help and support in the matters of life that are uncharted waters for us, from people who have been where we are. That kind of support is not found just anywhere on the web. It's great to be a part of a caring and supportive community of MEN who can be real with their emotions.
Thanks guys :numberone:.

That would be a good thing to do:), very thoughtful WN.

For sure, interesting how I realized I didn't comment on those pictures and was drawn back to them to comment especially after seeing your dad is not doing well.
I will be praying for Him, you, as well as the rest of your family.

Not out of turn at all. I think it's great to have a community here that is about so much more than scrounged wood, saws, chains, tractors, even the dreaded oil threads :), to where we can all share what we love the most and the things that mean the most to us. The thing that makes up this thread and keeps it going is the men who scrounge, not the scrounge, and as so many for whatever reasons are remembering their loved ones at this particular time I feel it is totally on topic and appreciated when we can trust others in this way and be open with our thoughts about what matters, without being bashed for it.
Not out of turn at all amberg, quite the opposite in my opinion, and sorry to here about your Dad.

Your Dad has to be a great guy for his son to be supportive and empathetic in his own personal time of need. If he could hear what your saying, proud would only begin to describe his feelings I'm sure:yes:.

Thanks for sharing BL.

It's awesome to me to be able to have the help and support in the matters of life that are uncharted waters for us, from people who have been where we are. That kind of support is not found just anywhere on the web. It's great to be a part of a caring and supportive community of MEN who can be real with their emotions.
Thanks guys :numberone:.
Thanks chipper! Very well said! Wasn't sure how much I should say on here, thanks very much for support and prayers... Kinda at a loss for words just got the msg Dad passed through heavens gate.

Thanks chipper! Very well said! Wasn't sure how much I should say on here, thanks very much for support and prayers... Kinda at a loss for words just got the msg Dads in heaven.
Very welcome, glad to be of any help I could.
We're here for you.
Very sorry for your loss.

Thanks chipper! Very well said! Wasn't sure how much I should say on here, thanks very much for support and prayers... Kinda at a loss for words just got the msg Dads in heaven.

sad moment, sadder times...it's times like these we separate the secular world from the spiritual world... if God is good, and we are lead to believe He is... how can millions and millions... be wrong?... ><>

times like these, for a friend... call for a chipper thought... name proximity noted...

so, the old man was asked... do you believe in God?

he quickly said, why yes, of course...!

asked then why, how do you know, how can you believe something u have never seen?

oh simple he said...

to me it is better to believe and be wrong...

than to not believe... and then find out everyone else was right!!!

lol ;)

sad moment, sadder times...it's times like these we separate the secular world from the spiritual world... if God is good, and we are lead to believe He is... how can millions and millions... be wrong?... ><>

I am not sure, But they must be.

Hey amberg:
Your Dad and I share the same BD, Oct 7, but I'm just a kid.
I'll only be 83 on what would have been his 100th.
My Dad had passed many years ago but I still have found memories of our great time together.
Brought a tear to my eyes.

times like these, for a friend... call for a chipper thought... name proximity noted...

so, the old man was asked... do you believe in God?

he quickly said, why yes, of course...!

asked then why, how do you know, how can you believe something u have never seen?

oh simple he said...

to me it is better to believe and be wrong...

than to not believe... and then find out everyone else was right!!!

lol ;)
:yes:, yup.

Hey amberg:
Your Dad and I share the same BD, Oct 7, but I'm just a kid.
I'll only be 83 on what would have been his 100th.
My Dad had passed many years ago but I still have found memories of our great time together.
Brought a tear to my eyes.

And mine is Oct. 8, 1957

Found some Red oak at side of road the other day. Maybe five or six logs at about 10" diam.
Not a lot, but it's nice when it's cut to four or five foot lengths and easy access.
I'll slice 'er up and split stack it this weekend and it'll be good to go in a couple years.
Also the black flies are swarming right now up in my part of the woods.
red oak lahey road May 1 2016.jpg

Latest posts

Back