Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!! well mate, my nip's are bigger then hers from toten that hog saw for the last 6 years or so!! so her mud flopper's should be built like a brick poo-poo house ifen her's MaMa enough to play with a wood tool.. plain enough ?? mate?? lol

Oh right! Why didn't you say that the first time :lol:?

Yeah I couldn't see the bottom of the saw either :laugh:.
You may not know how important that shot is to me, but some of the other guys do :rock:.
Here's the bottom of one of my 372's :sweet:. Scrounged this up not long ago.
View attachment 633340
Is that the one from the TP? Or is that one of those to nice to put in wood saws I hear people talk about :nofunny::angry:.

Wow, you guys have no snow there.
We have about 3 feet on the ground here.
It was real warm today though. 0 C (that's 32 F)
So what does someone do with the blocked/split Walnut?
You think they burn it or do they use it for decorative inlays and such?
going to a little old lady that will burn it in her fireplace. she likes the colored flames. :rolleyes:

20180117_080952_resized.jpg
Got another saw to play with
This should give your 5200 a run
Got to put a full chisel square ground on it .... I can say I now have a skip chain lol
It has the feel of the 655 Bp little lighter balance is good with 28 inch bar
I don't think the ground is going to freeze hard enough for that big oak all the spots a get wood from are mud pits
started spliting next year wood now my yard is turning to mud

chipper1 I've noticed every time you sell 1 372 2 more find your door!

This is the closest I have to purty. Kinda have a thing for tough little redheads myself.

I've actually gotten the "inventory" down a bit, well at least the 372 inventory lol.
I like that, very nice.
I've never had the 2065, but have had a few of the newer ones, they're sweet saws :).
Is that the one from the TP? Or is that one of those to nice to put in wood saws I hear people talk about :nofunny::angry:.
No, it is one I've not personally had in wood yet. Someone was asking about the 372xpw this morning, so maybe this weekend I will have a 372 cookie cutting session:chainsaw:.
Gently used
Exactly :surprised3:.

View attachment 633388
Got another saw to play with
This should give your 5200 a run
Got to put a full chisel square ground on it .... I can say I now have a skip chain lol
It has the feel of the 655 Bp little lighter balance is good with 28 inch bar
I don't think the ground is going to freeze hard enough for that big oak all the spots a get wood from are mud pits
started spliting next year wood now my yard is turning to mud
That's a sweet looking saw.
Maybe I should add some green to my selection.
That splitter looks like one of the Brave variants, good splitters.

Picked up a load this past Sunday with my brother and his trailer. Still working on splitting it with my new isocore!

Let us know how you like the Isocore. Been checking them out. My local Walmart just started stocking them at $60. I love my Fiskars axe. Hopefully, the maul is just as good. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 633499 So today's scrounge had nothing to do with wood. Picked up this 50 amp cable from work. One of the guys called and said there getting new ones come get it or its going in the scrap bin.View attachment 633500 To stay semi on topic I did do some noodleing today.
Nice score.
I'd love me some 50 amp cable.
Would be great to wire up a welder or two of mine out in the garage/shop.
I bought a 20' piece of 60 amp and total coast was over $130.00

Let us know how you like the Isocore. Been checking them out. My local Walmart just started stocking them at $60. I love my Fiskars axe. Hopefully, the maul is just as good. [emoji1303]

So far I love it. I was using an old 8 pound maul before and this is far superior. I use a chopping block and the handle length is perfect for me. I’m 6ft for reference.

Some good sized rounds there. What is it?

The tree has been down for about 6 months so I never saw the leaves. I am horrible at identifying by bark but maby ash?

Wow, you guys have no snow there.
We have about 3 feet on the ground here.
It was real warm today though. 0 C (that's 32 F)
So what does someone do with the blocked/split Walnut?
You think they burn it or do they use it for decorative inlays and such?

No snow here at all , bare ground .
Only plowed 3 times so far .

No regrets buying mine , well worth the money to me .

Latest posts

Back