Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No scrounging for me today but I did find some pics from my hometown area from a bygone era .

ajaxhelper

ajaxhelper

ajaxhelper

Haven't cut any wood since the tree top fell on my cab 3 weeks ago. Wife said it was time to redo the kitchen before I killed myself. Wanted it nice for the wake party I guess. New electrical, new counter tops, new sink and taps and new ceramic tile back splash. Just finished it tonight so hopefully heading to the bush or a wood pile tomorrow. She wants the flooring done too but not doing it until fall at least. I suggested live edge for the counter tops from my sawmill but she said no way, hates live edge. Also had the flu for 3 weeks and it's been knocking the hell out of me. Wife's Uncle died on Tuesday from flu complications, old fella but flu none the less.
IMG_20180217_174102.jpg IMG_20180217_174059.jpg IMG_20180217_174112.jpg

woodchip, I spent 2 years building my shop so had to even it out a bit. She wanted the shop more than I did though. $4000 in materials for the kitchen so far, we did all the work ourselves so no labor, just like cutting firewood. I'm planning a sawmill shed so I need to get some brownie points stored up.

So no wood pics today but I did have this hot rod given to me.View attachment 633766 Same guy I did the mm and tune on the cs310 for. He said do what you want with it so I'm gona get it running right and then clamshell or not I'm gona try my hand at widening the ports.

James, search on here for “wild thing races” they’re have been some mean wild things built...

Busy day, just in for a bite to eat then hit the water and see if I can feed some fish :). Got oil on both paddles. Some tweaking to do, but overall happy to get them wet next weekend and see if they actually work. Quite a bit of experimenting of the shapes has gone on, so how they paddle is anyones guess.
GP23Full.jpg GP23Tips.jpg

Busy day, just in for a bite to eat then hit the water and see if I can feed some fish :). Got oil on both paddles. Some tweaking to do, but overall happy to get them wet next weekend and see if they actually work. Quite a bit of experimenting of the shapes has gone on, so how they paddle is anyones guess.
View attachment 633857 View attachment 633859

They look great! I wish I could make stuff like that but my skill set tends more towards destruction, which is rather easier than creation.

woodchip, I spent 2 years building my shop so had to even it out a bit. She wanted the shop more than I did though. $4000 in materials for the kitchen so far, we did all the work ourselves so no labor, just like cutting firewood. I'm planning a sawmill shed so I need to get some brownie points stored up.
The key word there was sometimes. :D

James, search on here for “wild thing races” they’re have been some mean wild things built...
Thanks I was just gona put fuel lines and filter in, try widening the ports and be happy. Now you've pointed me to a thread with 40+ pages of ideas. If it dies a horrible death I'm out the cost of some fuel line :popcorn2:

Thanks I was just gona put fuel lines and filter in, try widening the ports and be happy. Now you've pointed me to a thread with 40+ pages of ideas. If it dies a horrible death I have a good target for the guns, and after that well throw it on a big fire at Steve's :blob2::popcorn2:.
fixed it James. :laugh:
Now it's fixed :blob2::laughing:

Back