Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Definite different stink between the two. guess i'll have a wood "class" next month when you saw heathens come over:crazy2: .
@Just a Guy that cuts wood . Saturday before turkey day at this point.
I didn't get an invite either. But, that's the day I'll be heading for WV for deer season. At the last GTG James said I needed a bigger bar on my 1050, so I bought a 45 inch Oregon. I'd like to see how it pulls. I don't expect it can tell the difference between the 24, 36, and 45. heck, it's just wood, and it does like to cut. :)

Just a Guy that cuts wood

Just a Guy that cuts wood

ArboristSite Guru
I didn't get an invite either. But, that's the day I'll be heading for WV for deer season. At the last GTG James said I needed a bigger bar on my 1050, so I bought a 45 inch Oregon. I'd like to see how it pulls. I don't expect it can tell the difference between the 24, 36, and 45. heck, it's just wood, and it does like to cut. :)
The big bar IMHO will separate the big boys...... Limbing the high RPM saws win every time but max out the bars I will go with a my old reed valves

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
The big bar IMHO will separate the big boys...... Limbing the high RPM saws win every time but max out the bars I will go with a my old reed valves
My little pole saw does great on limbs, but it doesn't rev much.
Looks like some of your relatives live up in WI lol.

JustJeff

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
@nighthunter , your country is beautiful and the people here are great. Came across a possible scrounge site today 8F809F2F-5D24-487E-838F-1606324DF046.jpeggame of thrones fans may recognize this. A tree canopy road with over 90 beech trees dating over 300 years old. A regular 460 wouldn’t touch these, it would need to be a magnum! Lol.

nighthunter

nighthunter

addicted to arboristsite
@nighthunter , your country is beautiful and the people here are great. Came across a possible scrounge site today View attachment 678043game of thrones fans may recognize this. A tree canopy road with over 90 beech trees dating over 300 years old. A regular 460 wouldn’t touch these, it would need to be a magnum! Lol.
@nighthunter , your country is beautiful and the people here are great. Came across a possible scrounge site today View attachment 678043game of thrones fans may recognize this. A tree canopy road with over 90 beech trees dating over 300 years old. A regular 460 wouldn’t touch these, it would need to be a magnum! Lol.
lol might not be worth the jail sentence involved in that particular scrounge

nighthunter

nighthunter

addicted to arboristsite

nighthunter

nighthunter

addicted to arboristsite

Latest posts