Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta tell ya, if you waved that yuengling in front of me right now I’d trade you one of my Super 1050s for it. Doc said I can’t have a beer till I finish the blood thinner study I signed up for. I figured what the heck, I’ve got to take them, might as well help them out. Today is day 20 since the surgery, 40 days to go.
I'd bring you a case for a a super 1050 :laughing:.

I was thrilled the day I came off blood thinners. My cutting buddy is hoping to find a way off his. I hope you can too.

Ron
Thanks Ron, mine are because of knee surgery. I can go count how many pills are left in the bottle and I'm done. My surgeon said he was in a study program seeing if there is any difference between 3 blood thinners. It's a blind test and you don't know which one you get till the morning of surgery. I got warfarin, which is what I had when I got my other knee replaced, so I went ahead with the study.

Back before Black Friday, I had remarked about a deal on a splitter at Tractor Supply. She bought it and stashed it at her dads shop enlisting the help of 5 young lads to unload it. Unfortunately I have family obligations today or I’d be bolting it together right now. I don’t usually post about presents because I don’t want others to feel that I’m bragging or make them feel bad but I thought you guys would understand my excitement. I have the best wife!841ABEE9-2684-4513-A677-D0549B40CAF1.jpeg 25 ton. Briggs and Stratton motor.

Back before Black Friday, I had remarked about a deal on a splitter at Tractor Supply. She bought it and stashed it at her dads shop enlisting the help of 5 young lads to unload it. Unfortunately I have family obligations today or I’d be bolting it together right now. I don’t usually post about presents because I don’t want others to feel that I’m bragging or make them feel bad but I thought you guys would understand my excitement. I have the best wife!View attachment 692498 25 ton. Briggs and Stratton motor.
That's a clever woman!

Back before Black Friday, I had remarked about a deal on a splitter at Tractor Supply. She bought it and stashed it at her dads shop enlisting the help of 5 young lads to unload it. Unfortunately I have family obligations today or I’d be bolting it together right now. I don’t usually post about presents because I don’t want others to feel that I’m bragging or make them feel bad but I thought you guys would understand my excitement. I have the best wife!View attachment 692498 25 ton. Briggs and Stratton motor.

That’s awesome!!! You’ll love it

Scrounging firewood and related sundries...

> I don’t want others to feel that I’m bragging or make them feel bad

:popcorn2: I dint feel bad before, but now that you bring it up.... :baba:

lol, j/k... kicka** present. that's for sure. not a bad C.D. 'scrounge' lol I think even ol Scrooge would like that scrounge ~

zsc.jpg

Mad Elf is by far the worst beer I ever had.

I’ll volunteer to bring the beer to the next PA GTG. We are fortunate to have so many good craft brewers in the region. Troegs is one of them and if you ever have the chance to stop at their Brewery in Hershey,PA, Mad Elf is THAT much better on draft:)

Last night I bought a couple bottles of Woolrich Pennsylvania Tuxedo for me and my cutting buddy. Brewed with spruce tips. Second worst beer I ever tried.

I picked up a six pack. I HAD to drink all six. The first was just as bad as the sixth. Something about beer with spruce tips. Bad combo there are not too many beers I won’t drink.

Tried that last year just for @dancan. Wasn't impressed. Maybe ya need more than a couple.

They didn’t get any better after the first:) Dogfish has some good beers. My favorite is their Punkin Ale in the fall.

All the car stories......

First car was my ‘81 Malibu with a 400 SBC. I wasn’t fortunate enough to grow up in the heyday of muscle cars.

My love for two strokes came from my Kawasaki triple, a 1975 H1 (500cc) that I still have. Saw the ad in the Philadelphia inquirer and picked it up from a guy in Northeast Philadelphia. He had an H2(750cc) but refused to sell that to me. This was my commuter back and forth to West Chester University during the fall/winter of 2003-04 while I swapped the small block into the Malibu. Click the thumbnails below...

Attachments

• 7FE6659F-FE75-4ABD-A67D-7C7C92EFAA32.jpeg
    7FE6659F-FE75-4ABD-A67D-7C7C92EFAA32.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • CF666EAE-5DD7-406F-827A-233B42A113B3.jpeg
    CF666EAE-5DD7-406F-827A-233B42A113B3.jpeg
  • 7C3033E3-5DCF-4322-9E98-48C3D38F4CB0.jpeg
    7C3033E3-5DCF-4322-9E98-48C3D38F4CB0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 5157560E-C6D0-40DD-9BCB-1E2E39898BB0.jpeg
    5157560E-C6D0-40DD-9BCB-1E2E39898BB0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 86D445E7-10D7-4642-93C7-B3E4B751DE96.jpeg
    86D445E7-10D7-4642-93C7-B3E4B751DE96.jpeg
I thought I had a fast car when I had a 70 gto rag top that ran in the mid 10's. Stroked original 400 30+ 11:1 custom cam dynamics cam,rtc t400, 4:11 gears, holly flowed about 1025cfm. 3750 lbs of sleeper.

Outside the bar I got shut down by a vette running 2 turbos for about 850hp. I realized that day racing was too much about who spends the most $$$

I thought I had a fast car when I had a 70 gto rag top that ran in the mid 10's. Stroked original 400 30+ 11:1 custom cam dynamics cam,rtc t400, 4:11 gears, holly flowed about 1025cfm. 3750 lbs of sleeper.

Outside the bar I got shut down by a vette running 2 turbos for about 850hp. I realized that day racing was too much about who spends the most $$$
How fast do you want to spend is how it was described to me. Doesn't always apply though. You'll work real hard in a 3,500lb 650hp muscle car to not get walked by the kid that built his 1,900lb 400hp civic/crx with junk yard parts and Craig's list deals for less then the motor in that muscle car. I miss that civic. 9500rpm on the stock bottom end and valve train. Lightened a lot of wallets with it back in the day.

Power to weight, and getting it to the road is where it was at. The 67 + 68 Mustangs (Cudas, Camaros, Novas, etc) were about the lightest cars you could put a big block in, so they were my favorite.

That was way before they came out with kits to make small blocks with big block displacement, and long before you ever heard of a Civic!

Well , I fired up the Yammy , put together the woodrack by the door and filled it , it holds a face of a cord .
A balmy windthrill of -1 F out there but 80F in the house on scrounged wood :)
Stay warm my friends ;)
80 is cooking. I'm ready to open windows at 70 or up.

Back