Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressed with the current tire prices? I know my set of All Terrain TA's were eye opening a couple months ago.
That's why I ended up buying a set of 265/70R17 Michelin's for the truck and a set of 33's for the Jeep on the last day of buy 3, get 1 free at the dealer. That still did kinda hurt.

Can you explain the fogging procedure?
Personally I run fog it as it coats the bearings better. You an fog it through the cylinders by pulling the plugs and spray the fogging oil through the holes and than pulling it over 10-12 times to get the oil moving but it doesn't coat it as nice.

Running it is an easy fog. With the motor running in a bucket or on the hose spray some fogging oil through the intake. It's gonna want to die so cut the fogging but keep it running with the throttle lever under the hood. Do this about 2-3 times until it is smoking enough that your garage looks like it is on fire. The 4th time keep spraying the fogging oil until the motor dies. Should be nice and lubricated.

Tires…When I sold my 326,000 mile Yukon this fall I saved the spare (nicer set) of 17” wheels with low mileage mud tires that we used last winter. My new to me suburban came with new tires and I asked the dealer for the ones that came off it (tires were about 85 percent but were scalloped a bit on the front so were a bit noisy). I’m going to put those tires on my daily driver truck (scalloped ones moved to the rear) and I still have the spare mud tires for next winter.

Hey, no 10 pointer, but I filled my tag before it expired (it will expire on Sun) and will have venison in the freezer!

My MZ tags will still be valid after Sun.

First deer taken with my 870, I usually use the MZ in Putnam County.

Has a Hastings cantalever barrel with a 2.5 scope. Used Winchester 50 cal saboted 12 ga slugs (1 oz).

Shot placement was perfect, but no expansion, just punched right through the shoulder at 50 yds. Sunset was 4:25, deer came into view at 4:30.

He went right down, but I actually shucked another shell thinking he was going to get up, but he didn't.

I have now taken deer 6 years in a row (actually 7 deer in 6 years), my longest run!
Sittin @ the table havin coffee instead today, no MZ tag gettin filled here in IL

A bit of she-oak for next year. View attachment 946485

Nice. That would be as big as the biggest one I have come across. Burned pretty well but the crumbly bark made a bit of a mess.

Very mild . Should be in the 30s for highs in the mountains 61 in December is just wrong

That is not as wrong as needing to light the fire in Australia in December - which we had to do the day before last :crazy2:

Glad I purchased my 2019 F-150 when I did, got a heck of a deal on it!

I hear that after 2.5 years and 15,000 miles I could probably sell it for mor than I paid for it!

Former Australian GM subsidiary Holden (equivalent to Chevy) which ceased production in 2017 had a high performance cousin called HSV which made mildly souped-up versions of the regular cars for a $20,000 premium. So you could buy the top HSV Maloo ute for about $68,000.

maloo ute.jpg

So what, you say? Well, they only sold I think 8 of the most expensive ones and one (which I think may have had some further work done on it) sold at auction recently. Guess how much for? (Hint: more than the Firestone sign)...

Latest posts

Back