Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That has not been my experience at all. I’ve never had a problem with old style sthil caps or husky caps leaking. I’ve had quite few sthil saws with flippy caps and they all have started leaking after about 3-4 weeks of full time use, even when kept clean. I have replaced them with new sthil oem caps, same thing. Any production faller I know has had same experience. And it’s almost impossible to remove them without junk falling in the tank unless you have access to an air compressor and I’m not packing one of those around, lol.
Glad they work well for you.

I have a small pain brush tied to my oil and gas cans. I also carry a stiff bristled brush. Harbor Freight is great for cheap brushes.

GZZZ Louise! and to think i thot i had done well yesterday.. climbing up a ladder to tie something off with some nylon rope, cut the ends to length, then lite the wand... and burn the ends to melt to set so wind wouldn't unravel the old POS yellow now white scrounged rope!!!

how many per min of those pallets do u have to do, Brufab?
I think it's under 5 mins. Some machines make stuff way faster depending on what it is. Pay is unlimited as you could work 7 days a week. I have a job interview at a closer place next Thursday for a multiple spindle machine operator. The plastics place if you work 60 hrs a week you could make 50-60k.

I'm late weighing in on he flippy caps debate. I've had no problems with them. I bought my 200t and 441 in 2009. I've used the 200t a lot with no issues. I've bought some used saws with flippy caps too.

I'm a Stihl guy but I'd like to get a 7910. I had a 6401 and it had a lot more torque than my 036. It was as heavy as my MS440 though so I sold it. Kind of wish I'd kept it.

killer chop! Cowboy steak they call 'em down here over at Sam's. saw some other day while there. big, thick cuts... running around $45 or so and some change... each!
This one was a tad over 3 lbs and only 12.47 a pound.

This steak plus two small New York strips fed 9 people.

New to this forum,thought this would be a natural place to start.
I been cutting some firewood in my spare time for my sister,,,
but more just for fun,,,,:)

View attachment 1056684
Welcome to AS Joe. Nice stack of wood. Bunch of great guys on this thread. It "might" get a little off topic once in a while. :innocent:

Yesterday's scrounge. 20230210_091828.jpgPicked these up yesterday at the local junk yard in town. I was going to go back in today with my trailer, a generator, an impact, and other tools and grab the adjustment and hanging plate off the forklift itself. Also with a dozen used grader blades, some heavy I beam stock and a snow plow for a pickup that just needs a little work. As well as some other misalanious steel too. However, I don't have a truck yet that can handle towing all that on the roads that got covered in snow last night. It should be melted by tomorrow or the next day though. I'll get a couple Quick Attach plates and build a frame for the forks and modify the plow. Both for the S Steer.👍 Witch reminds me. Have any of you guys fabbed a Quick Attach plate?

Latest posts

Back