Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I started out with one shelf. Then added another, then another now I'm just hanging saws from the floor joists. My wife doesn't say a word, unknown she's counting down till.its all out of the house and in the shop lol.
8 on the hanging rack, 4 on a shelf and a bunch scattered on the floor…at the moment. Need a place to put all the new ones 🤣.
the rack will probably get retired and the one shelf moved To make room for the new 5-tier.

So, use a chainsaw, go to jail?
geeze… where do they find these people?
https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/1868.pdf?q=20231211143833
Time to take a stand....
Took me a minute to realize you mean the mud flaps, not the wheels!!! I was worried for ya!
Lol, no the mud flaps. I'm not a fan of the factory wheels, but too cheap to get aftermarket. Keep looking through the junk yard when I'm there, they had a cool looking spoke type wheel I really like. Just wasn't used on anything except the high trim levels.

Couldn't say no...
$200
Never saw wood. Used in a Halloween spook house and thrown out when they start sounding weird. 3 brand new bars that never had a chain. A few run, some seized, some low comp.
10 of them, lol, 170s
View attachment 1135906
I'll give you $200/10 or $20 for one. Must be working perfectly, though. No B&C necessary. :laughing:

Price tag on a couple of them. New from a local store, $179. 🤣
But..but... you only paid $20 a piece for them. OK, I'll give you $30:laugh:. Seriously, some of you guys knock them. I think they are a good economical saw for a homeowner like me. Especially when paired with a bigger saw. Good delimber.

But..but... you only paid $20 a piece for them. OK, I'll give you $30:laugh:. Seriously, some of you guys knock them. I think they are a good economical saw for a homeowner like me. Especially when paired with a bigger saw. Good delimber.

They aren't bad saws. I've worked on a few, sold a couple for one guy I fix saws for. I'd never buy one for myself, lol
I figured the parts alone are good for $50ea :p
I will pull mufflers and fine the ones with good tops. Then strip the rest down and clean the parts.
Then, ebay 🤪

So, $30 for one of the dead powerheads? + the ride...
Works for me.

They aren't bad saws. I've worked on a few, sold a couple for one guy I fix saws for. I'd never buy one for myself, lol
I figured the parts alone are good for $50ea :p
I will pull mufflers and fine the ones with good tops. Then strip the rest down and clean the parts.
Then, ebay 🤪

So, $30 for one of the dead powerheads? + the ride...
Works for me.
I was hoping you'd be able to fix up at least a couple to recover your costs. With my luck, I'd jump on the deal you did and they would all be worthless.
I've confess, I have a MS170 so I don't really need another.

I was hoping you'd be able to fix up at least a couple to recover your costs. With my luck, I'd jump on the deal you did and they would all be worthless.
I've confess, I have a MS170 so I don't really need another.
I went to the website of the haunted house where they came from. One short clip of a guy with a saw, lol.
my guess is they get reved up with no load and understandably don’t last long. Evidently they buy them by the pallet, lol
35acre place, largest in the northwest.

I went to the website of the haunted house where they came from. One short clip of a guy with a saw, lol.
my guess is they get reved up with no load and understandably don’t last long. Evidently they buy them by the pallet, lol
35acre place, largest in the northwest.
Some seized? Sounds like straight gassed.

Try some Stihl 23RS Pro NK , it’s somewhat new if you can find it, no faster .325 chain out there , that I’ve found 👍
Squareground3691, you weren't blowing any smoke about this Stihl 23RS chain. It came in today from Hudson Valley New York and this chain is the sharpest chain that I have ever put on a bar in 60 years. I didn't think that I was going to have any finger tips left before I got it on.
You need leather gloves on for this bad boy. I've got a 36" Chestnut Oak that 90 mph straight line winds brought down last June that's getting ready to be several cords of good firewood.

Back