Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The older series b kubotas had the 1/4 inching valve for the 3 point. It's a piss pore idea, my 7510 has it. The newer ones went to the standard lever moves with the arms like a real farm tractor. The crappy part is it stays in position unless you move it to center. Like you I have a spring on mine so it kicks itsself out. Yes 100% it will labor the pump as it's pushing over relief, but it will be a systematic issue not just one function. Ironically they made a narrow version of my 7510 for a few years that had a real 3 point control. I've been looking for the transmission top plate and valve for one for years now. Hate the stupid inching valve for the 3 point.
No complaints 😊IMG_2088.jpegIMG_0903.jpeg

This intake design is stupid, 2 bolts down near the bottom, and the metal plate wasn't flat to begin with. Glass plates the back of the intake, got it pretty good, and a but of dirko ht for insurance. Just waiting for it to dry up for another vac/pressure test. Hopefully it's holds this time.
Definitely looks like a GZ 4000 strato intake. Can be a "challenge" to get everything lined up on assembly and not have it leak, for sure.
Really a shame they are so convoluted, because when they run right they are such a capable little saw.

KK, when working on any recoil I start by lubricating it with silicone spray (don't want to attract dirt). Pull the pawls out and make sure it is clean under there and spray before re-installing. IMO, Hornady "One Shot" gun lube works very well.

Also, if you look carefully, your spring clip does not look symmetrical on both sides, I would start by replacing it.

I have had good luck using the cheap AM parts for these repairs. Just sometimes you have to keep changing things till it works. Make sure nothing is too tight and jamming it.

SVK, Ruger has come out with a newer version of the American Rifle that you may be interested in. It has a 20" barrel and a stock that can be adjusted shorter. It is available in numerous calibers that should fit your needs.

The new feature I wish I had is a 3 position tang safety. The 2 position one on my American Rifles does not lock the bolt (like the old M-77s did).

Definitely looks like a GZ 4000 strato intake. Can be a "challenge" to get everything lined up on assembly and not have it leak, for sure.
Really a shame they are so convoluted, because when they run right they are such a capable little saw.
It's a gz4350 clone (534xp) this intake design is worse then the gz4000. Even an oem cylinder.

Thanks for the ideas guys. The loader has quick connects. I think I will start by threading them off and checking for debris clogging them. I've changed almost all the hoses but 2 for the curl function on bucket. They look good externally but maybe they're coming apart internally.

My thought is the problem has to be a restriction. The pump definitely loads up when the lever is moved all the way over. If I slowly move the lever over the bucket starts moving. Once it hits its max speed moving the lever farther only makes the pump work harder while the speed of the curl stays constant.

Thanks again!
We had a snow plow that would only turn one direction. It ended up being the quick connector was bad. From what I remember you couldn’t tell anything from looking at the inside that it was bad

We had a snow plow that would only turn one direction. It ended up being the quick connector was bad. From what I remember you couldn’t tell anything from looking at the inside that it was bad
I've seen that when the hoses are swapped around.

The older series b kubotas had the 1/4 inching valve for the 3 point. It's a piss pore idea, my 7510 has it. The newer ones went to the standard lever moves with the arms like a real farm tractor. The crappy part is it stays in position unless you move it to center. Like you I have a spring on mine so it kicks itsself out. Yes 100% it will labor the pump as it's pushing over relief, but it will be a systematic issue not just one function. Ironically they made a narrow version of my 7510 for a few years that had a real 3 point control. I've been looking for the transmission top plate and valve for one for years now. Hate the stupid inching valve for the 3 point.
I hate that control setup, can't set up a power rake on it and adjust it accurately. One of the guys I did a bunch of tree work for this summer got a newer one and it had a proper setup and quick detach(mine doesn't), nice little tractor. I'd either like one of those as my next small tractor upgrade or to get a mini skid, but currently I have a barn to finish :).
I see Harley has a new snowplow attachment for their bikes,

Harley-Plow.jpg

I bet chipper will get one and try it out.

SR
That looks like a girls bike.
A young lady friend asked me to fix her 180. Something is wrong with the starter recoil assembly. I'm stumped Gentleman. It's not like the assembly on the bigger saws that I'm use too. Here's what's going on. If it is facing any other way but logo side down. The dawgs will not spring open to engage the flywheel. Are any of guys familiar with this saw and what the problem might be? Any info will be much appreciated.
View attachment 1154758
Laying on its side. The Dawgs spring open just fine. When up right, like it is when mounted on the saw. They will not spring open. Pretty interesting. I don't get it.
Pretty sure that's the Australian version, you need one set up for north America 🤣.

Looks like wrong parts to me. The clip and the pawls look too big
The spring was to big. Thanks for pointing that out.I tweaked it a little bit with pliers and now it works fine. My buddy's daughter is going to be happy to get her little saw back.👍 She was pretty bummed out about it not working.

Back