Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to drill a pilot hole for a sling swivel stud in a brand new shotgun.
I just always use a center punch so that it starts in the right place, then make it as square to the stock as possible. I just eyeball it, but they always come out OK. I've done 4 of them, shotguns and lever actions.

I drill the first hole for the screw, then put on a larger bit and just go below the surface to partly bury the wider part a bit. Makes it look cleaner.

Well, I got the neojunk back together. New, new gasket and some dirko ht ftw. It runs.. not nearly as impressive as the gz4000. Think I'll give it a few tanks to see if it wakes up and if not I'll sell it off. I should really toss the 14" bar on it off my gz4000 and run it.
Got the k700 chop saw back together too. Shut off switch is fixed and I got the carb working right now. Left it in the ultrasonic for a few hours, gave it a blow job and new kit. Ran great. Probably going to need a new starter assembly. Every now and then it won't retract, and I'm not sure why. Had it all apart and cleaned up/lubricated it. Still messes up every now and then. The paws are on the flywheel and are as free as a bird. So doubt it's jamming up. Anyway, happy with my small projects getting completed for this weekend.
Last time i had one of those recoils act up, I gave it three extra turns on the spring... Works good now,,, if that helps..

Well, I got the neojunk back together. New, new gasket and some dirko ht ftw. It runs.. not nearly as impressive as the gz4000. Think I'll give it a few tanks to see if it wakes up and if not I'll sell it off. I should really toss the 14" bar on it off my gz4000 and run it.
Ran my Craftsman version of the GZ 4000 today.
Did pretty good job of cutting up some cherry, black walnut, hackberry and maple. Had a Husky 372 clone with a 24" bar with me, but the Craftsman GZ 4000! cut well enuogh I never started the other saw.IMG_3515.jpeg

Went and bought a new splitter today. TSC on sale. Went to cut the sale tag off with my pocket knife. Didn't end up to well. Ended up in the urgent care for 4 stitches. Wouldn't stop bleeding due to I think the blood thinner I'm on.
View attachment 1155209
I hope you heal up quickly so you can get to use your new splitter.

Last time i had one of those recoils act up, I gave it three extra turns on the spring... Works good now,,, if that helps..
it's wound pretty tight already. I'll have to pop it apart again and see if I can get any more on it. I didn't give hardly anything for it, so I'm not opposed to buying a new starter for it.
Ran my Craftsman version of the GZ 4000 today.
Did pretty good job of cutting up some cherry, black walnut, hackberry and maple. Had a Husky 372 clone with a 24" bar with me, but the Craftsman GZ 4000! cut well enuogh I never started the other saw.View attachment 1155208
They have very restrictive exhaust on them. Couldn't even get a 5/16" bit through mine. I found 3 3/8" holes under the spark screen and however many you can get through the baffle from the exhaust port really helps them out. (Or just gut the baffle out) if you get a chance look and see if it says "made in Japan" on the clutch side of the cylinder near the transfer covers.

Went and bought a new splitter today. TSC on sale. Went to cut the sale tag off with my pocket knife. Didn't end up to well. Ended up in the urgent care for 4 stitches. Wouldn't stop bleeding due to I think the blood thinner I'm on.
View attachment 1155209
I saw the picture the the new splitter part thought you had an incident with the splitter itself . I cut my thump a few years ago cutting off a label with my pocketknife too .
I’m not on blood thinners per se , but a low dose aspirin daily and it does the same thing little cuts take a long time to stop bleeding .
Hope you heel quickly

Hey pal, so…

I see some of the Eastonmade’s have two separate engines, that’s pretty slick

But, in your opinion (because you actually own one) do you think they’d be better off with a bigger engine running a bigger hydraulic pump and just some hoses to run both the conveyor and splitter??

Pretty cool idea nonetheless

And yeah man, Walmarts collect trash, I don’t care what anyone says, in my 42 years I can tell you, trash comes in ALL colors
The axis has a single engine and a single pump. Not sure which of the other models would run two engines. I believe they are all plumbed similar.

No issue powering the conveyor and splitter both at the same time. Very well thought out machine.

View attachment 1155209
Steve you're too darn old to be doing dumb stuff like that! Just kidding, glad it wasn't worse. Heal up fast brother.

Good morning to all of my favorite wood heathens! You too SR-enjoyed the tractor pics!

Quiet morning here. Changed the oil in my truck and need to head to work and also do a bunch of errands. The oil pressure sensor in my 13 sierra has gone bad. It either measures 80 or zero. I know the older 5.3’s had the sensor buried way back on the firewall. I’m not sure if this one does as well? The nice thing compared to my 07 is that the alarm doesn’t go off endlessly when this one drops to zero.
Sure does, make sure you replace the little screen filter underneath it too!!

View attachment 1155209
Sorry that happened Steve. Hope you heal quickly!

The axis has a single engine and a single pump. Not sure which of the other models would run two engines. I believe they are all plumbed similar.

No issue powering the conveyor and splitter both at the same time. Very well thought out machine.
Yeah, I went back and looked closer

They sell a separate conveyor that has its own pump and engine, that’s what mislead me

Going to be mounting a front loader bucket and the rear mount Timberwolf to this 3020, the increased pump and engine will help tremendously

Just getting all the tractors (toys) lined up for the farm project

Thinking of bringing the 8N or the little old Massey there with the rake on it to clean up when done
IMG_6048.jpeg

I saw the picture the the new splitter part thought you had an incident with the splitter itself . I cut my thump a few years ago cutting off a label with my pocketknife too .
I’m not on blood thinners per se , but a low dose aspirin daily and it does the same thing little cuts take a long time to stop bleeding .
Hope you heel quickly
Superglue is your friend.

View attachment 1155209
PXL_20240220_022350621.MP.jpg
I've had my splitter for several years...no accidents... 😂
Hope it heals up good!

Sorry for that show of ignorance. I had to go back to my basic Government class which I hadn't thought of since high school. Got wrapped up in my life I guess. Honestly, thanks for reminding me that we're a republic not a pure democracy. And yes I agree we are having policies rammed down our throats that we don't want/need. I'm almost to the point of throwing up my hands and moving up north and hiding in the woods. If we didn't have kids and family here I think we would've already.
It's all part of the plan, ram their crap down our throats til we follow along and are arguing amongst each other. It takes our eyes off them, the real problem.
I'm staying to fight :). Something I've only heard one person mention, is that the powers that be want the Great Lakes region, everyone needs food and fresh water.
Not sure if this link will take you to the wayback machines link, but it's from 2012(tells you how long I've been a conspiracy theorist lol) of their 2050 megaregion plans. I'll post screenshots of it if it doesn't work, if you want to know what they have planned for your area of the country, it's in here.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120617075645/http://www.america2050.org/content/megaregions.html

Latest posts

Back