Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen anyone ice fishing around here this year ... first time I can think of that it was not cold enough for long enough.

When I was a kid, we always went ice skating outside, and it was South of here!

We would get snow in Nov or Dec and the ground would stay white till mid-late March.

I don't think I've seen anyone ice fishing around here this year ... first time I can think of that it was not cold enough for long enough.

When I was a kid, we always went ice skating outside, and it was South of here!

We would get snow in Nov or Dec and the ground would stay white till mid-late March.
As kids were skated, sledded, built "forts" and had snow ball fights all winter... at the rate we're going my grandkids will think I'm lying about there being snow and ice! 😉

The Amish by me cut ice off local small ponds and they only got one thin crop instead of several thick cuttings. They might have to buy bagged ice from convenience stores for their ice boxes. Those with organic egg coops with 4-5000 birds need lots of ice to keep their eggs cool until pickup day. Things might get expensive.

It's a matter of respect for the tree, always remove your hat before hugging a tree ;).
You should know these things :buttkick:. Kids these days...
All I can say in my defense is that if a tree needs a hug that badly I dispense with formality and git er done. I do not take time to mark a tree for a hat rack, make one and hang my hat.:hi:

Dull, rakers too low, doesn't watch enough YouTube, cannot spell 5 letter names??? Some combo of these?

WTF did I just watch. A leaning tree that will fall right where it did without a truck to pull it over. A saw that can't cut for shat being used by somebody that can't cut a tree.

Man, what was her name again??? She was one miserable Cee U Next Tuesday
SlowP

Someone said that she was a nice person in person. To me that doesn't mean a pinch of sour owl squat cause she acted like a total ******* to everyone on here.

Edit: I see she and some of her henchmen are still active on AS but stay over in F&L and PoliTICKS.
Dull, rakers too low, doesn't watch enough YouTube, cannot spell 5 letter names??? Some combo of these?

"Perfect Boss" LOL

So many things wrong there but at least the tree hit the ground and not anything else.

WTF did I just watch. A leaning tree that will fall right where it did without a truck to pull it over. A saw that can't cut for shat being used by somebody that can't cut a tree.
Like with all train wrecks, I wanted to see the the other tree taken down but there was no video of it on the channel... 😉

Back