Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this considered scrounging:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/zip/d/saint-louis-free-firewood/7739245102.html#

I'd consider it if I could use it. I have more right now than I can use and I was going to sell a few loads this fall just to keep things in check. But with this much "FREE" out there in my area, I don't think that will be happening.
Probably some sort of joke, or a bait and switch and when you contact them they say that they already gave away enough but are willing to sell some.
If it were me and I had the time I'd try to contact them anyway, who knows what will happen, especially since the next burning season is a long way off.

Probably some sort of joke, or a bait and switch and when you contact them they say that they already gave away enough but are willing to sell some.
If it were me and I had the time I'd try to contact them anyway, who knows what will happen, especially since the next burning season is a long way off.
I agree, I'm not that gullible... there has to be a catch. If the guy, who obviously is a firewood seller, had too much, why wouldn't he just cut his price in half to make up cost. He'd still be able to get rid of it.

I think the only grease that comes out of a kitchen sink is that you put in.

Wiping grease off dishes/pans with paper towels and putting those in trash instead of washing down the sink goes a long ways. Plus we don't eat anything fried and only 3 people living here now.

Been on septic since 1997, in the current house since 2008, Never had a backup unless the transfer pump/switch failed (that has happened 2 or 3 times at my current house).

We have a disposal but I don't think I know what it sounds like 😂.
Agreed. Everything goes into the same tank and field here, just like it should.

I’d appreciate that. Could come down with my chainsaw mill too… I really need to finish the renovation.😉. Lost a few days this past week getting my father’s zero turn running and mowing. Still need to do more maintenance on that machine—valve adjustment for one.
Big pieces should get some decent boards IMG_8291.jpegIMG_8290.jpeg

That’s what she said, 😆👍
Beat me to it!:yes:
Agreed. Everything goes into the same tank and field here, just like it should.
Ours as well. I wish we could have standard septic. There's too much clay so we had to put in a mound system. It's very rare to find a standard drain field septic here.

Our county requires an annual inspection and pumping only when required. The neighboring county requires inspection/pumping every 3 years. If the inspection isn't recorded with the county they send a letter within a week of the due date demanding proof inspection or get fined.

I do think it's a good idea to have properly permitted and designed septic systems with regular inspections. A common practice around here was a small tank with a small drain field with overflow going right into ditches/waterways. That's fine in sandy/rocky soil but that isn't the case around here. There are a few instances where some oversight is a good thing.

Big pieces should get some decent boards View attachment 1171649View attachment 1171650
Cool! I’ll reach out when I get home. I’m down in Mike’s neck of the woods. We walked the Empire State Trail through Brewster today… We walked 5 miles on another segment of the EST yesterday and walked 5 miles today. As soon as things dry out, we will transition back to the Appalachian Trail and riding the bicycles.

I took two grandkids bike riding on the trail today, from Lake Tonetta to Ice Pond (the young one is only 9). Was in the 40s and windy, so not the best of days, but they enjoyed it and didn't complain! But no turtles were out! I always see them on a log in the swamp opposite Ice Pond.
This afternoon we started our walk on the EST from the parking area near the south end of Lake Tonetta (Pumphouse Rd??). From there we went "south" through the village, past Suburban Propane and turned around at the intersection of Putnam Ave and Rte 6 near the Mobil station. It was about 5 miles. We didn't see many walkers today but there were quite a few cyclists on the trail, no turtles. Yesterday we walked part of the EST/ Maybrook Trail from the Pawling Trail Head to Patterson and back. We saw turtles on that walk... again about 5 miles. It was warmer Saturday and there were a lot of cyclists on that segment and I don't recall a single walker besides us.

Well I think I figured out the 021. I can use a jumper wire and it dies instantly. The wires look fine but obviously one is broke or there is corrosion in the crimp . Will sort it out after bit.
Correction on the 021...... Someone has definitely been in there. Wires were in the wrong places! On the up side, I learned that the chuck on a 20v DeWalt drill fits in the flywheel of an 021 perfect for a redneck starter!

No, my sights are level! Plus, I don't hunt Puma, just Deer and Black Bear! (And an occasional coyote or bobcat)!
Hopefully the final version will look better than that one does, and no pumas are harmed in the making of it lol.
Hopefully your new sights are better than the current ones.

Back