seal replacement hopefuly in the right forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregoncutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a husky 181 for about what the bar was worth, it starts and idles fine, but would stall when accelarating or trying to hold the rpms level. I started to replace the fuel filter, and line but, when I pulled the old line down through the tank the seal between the tank and crankcase that the line sits in came with it, it seals both the tank and the crankcase housing by the carb, I bought a new seal but I am having a hard time installing it. Anyone having advice on how to get that seal in would help alot.

Last edited:
I did, I pulled my head out today when I looked at it again, the problem was the rubbber insulators are wore, and the hole in the top of the fuel tank, and the hole in the bottom by the carb are slightly offset from eachother, so I will either loosen all the insulators and line it up then install the seal, or buck it up and replace the insulators.
Thanks for the reply.

Did you try lubing it with some 2-stroke oil? That should help it slide in easier.

For pushing tight fitting parts such as grommets into holes, tubing and wiring thru grommets, vinyl handgrips onto handlebars, etc., try Astroglide gel. Don't laugh. It works great.
:hmm3grin2orange:

Back