Sears Pro Series 20" chainsaw, does it look familiar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plastic looks the same as the 2245 jonsered version same saw as a 445 just different handle, top cover , and starter cover.

nv260196_0.jpg

2245%20004.jpg

Interesting how the tag pic spells both 'huskvarna' and 'Swedon'! Nice looking crapsman all the same!

The tag is correct. Huskvarna is the spelling for the town and I don't get where you saw Swedon.

The GF has a 2245 I gave her and it wears a 16" bar.

Looked-up the IPL of the 35098 model (71-35098) and SearsPartsDirect has it using the Poulan 3500/3600 cylinder PN 530036154 as the current part. From that I would say it is a rebadged Poulan 3500 or 3600. Note several of parts are listed NLA. Strange less than 2 yrs and no parts.

Now as far as looking for the 967 32 33-00 product number. I find no references here on Google or Husqvarna website.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/cylinder-assembly-p-2489889.html

Probably why it is discontinued, it was spawned by that overseas Husqvarna/McCulloch marriage, maybe....

Maybe, maybe not. That Sears 358 model number prefix has always been used for Poulan supplied equipment.

Check that piston part number out, that is for a Husky 445 saw and the cylinder number comes up Husqvarna as well.

Like I explained the other day, Husqvarna has always had the rights to the McCulloch name for europe every since McCulloch went belly up and a few years back they acquired the rights to the McCulloch name from Jenn Feng of Taiwan for the rights to the North American distribution.

Shortly after that there were rebranded Poulan saws being sold with the McCulloch name on them here.

Questions always appear asking what private label saw is what saw from X manufacture. What has to be remembered is when someone like Sears contracts with a supplier, they specify what they want and a lot of times it is meant to match a certain price point. The saws or other equipment may or may not have a direct match to a manufactures other equipment that it is based on. I think that is the key here and that is just establishing a model that it is based on, but in the end it still ends up being a Craftsman chainsaw.

Since this saw in question has what has always been a Poulan manufactured 358 part number prefix mean that it was made by Poulan in the Poulan plant? Maybe, maybe not, Husky has been combining a lot of there stuff now days, look at all the Husky markings on the made/assembled Poulan Pro 5020 saw and we know that there are several models of Husqvarna and Jonsered saws made here as well.

Yes, truth. Some of the Euro Macs also appear to have been made at the Italy McCulloch factory some of the time as well.

Partner also had rebadged Poulans sold in Europe during those times. Elux mixed up a lot of companies.

Its a confusing tangled web for sure.

That is not the box for the saw. It was on self at sears and I just sat it on top of that box to take picture. I personally think it is indeed a 445 with different colors. It was 379.99 for price not sure how much is added for 20" bar and chain but 445 is 329.00 with 16"?

Latest posts

Back