Sears Roebuck sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanmarc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well.... Digging through my garage since I am laidoff, I uncovered a sawmill carraige made by Sears. It seems to be all there, from buzz blade to pto belt... Anyone have any idea about these, I would love to find a manual... Thank you, Marc

Well.... Digging through my garage since I am laidoff, I uncovered a sawmill carraige made by Sears. It seems to be all there, from buzz blade to pto belt... Anyone have any idea about these, I would love to find a manual... Thank you, Marc

Do a search on it. In the meantime....post pics....

I am interested in what you find out.

I will try and do a bit of reasearch on it later tonight.

Kevin

Wow... I wish I could "find" a mill in my garage! Sounds like you should be able to have some fun with that thing in your spare time. I too would be interested in seeing some pics. How big of a thing are we talking about here?

I will try and get pics. It is all in pieces, kinda why I never seen it. I have never really got into this garage since we have been here.. But with my time off I thought I would dive into it and clean it out. Be a good place to put firewood...and boards. Marc

if it is branded sears then it should have a model number on it somewhere, it could be stamped or on an aluminum tag then you can go to sears.com and see what they have for it.

Keep looking you may find an oil well buried under there.

Oh... Don't need to dig to find an oil well, Just need to look out the back door.. I am in the process of cleaning this garage out that was leftover from my in-laws, 4 generations of stuff we made need someday. I have found some neat stuff, but mostly junk. I was told their was a sawmill in there, but never believed it. I certainly thought it would be bigger. There is a locker with alot of old books, I am hoping their might be something in the there on the mill... I have taken pictures, waiting for my wife to upload them... Have a good weekend, Marc

Hello... I honestly know no difference between the two.. I know that I will probably never get it going. I would rather have a bandmill.. Thank you, Marc

This is a tractor mounted cordwood saw, they can also be free-standing (staked to prevent movement). They are used for cutting smaller limbs and logs into firewood.

attachment.php

Ed

This is a tractor mounted cordwood saw, they can also be free-standing (staked to prevent movement). They are used for cutting smaller limbs and logs into firewood.

Ed

I have one of those Dearborn buzz saws too, i also have a very HD buzz saw that a guy built. He did a great job, and it's built better than any other buzz rig i've seen...

standard.jpg

I seldom use them any longer...

DM

Latest posts

Back