Seeking Jonsereds Model Number

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Weiss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello members! I found this site as I was searching for info on a Jonsereds chainsaw. There is a serial number on a little plate that reads 236304. It looks simmilar to a model 910 or 920 except This saw has a blade brake and a compression release. Thanks for any help with the model number!..MikeIMG_1579.JPG

It looks like a 910e, which was the latest version of that saw with the compression release on top. @Cantdog and @bplust are our resident Jonsered
experts and can confirm or deny.
Yep A 910E for sure. The only 8XX and 9XX saw to sport a decomp also the only one of those two families that doesn't sport the Partner style connection between the top handle and the trigger handle. It also is the basis of the entire family of saw as all other 8XX and 9XX saws originated from the 910E/EV. As Bill said likely early 80's vintage. Here's my best looking/running example......

910E pics 001.JPG910E pics 002.JPG910E pics 003.JPG910E pics 007.JPG

Yes! looks like the right saw, I'm still wondering about the brake on mine, I see yours has the same side casting with a filler plate where the brake arm is on mine.IMG_1583.JPG

Yes! looks like the right saw, I'm still wondering about the brake on mine, I see yours has the same side casting with a filler plate where the brake arm is on mine.View attachment 855582
Actually yours is not a 910E clutch cover, it's a later 8XX or 9XX cover/brake. Look closely at the location of the two roll pin holes on the two covers....mine are near the top whereas yours are a fair amount lower. The original 910 cover with the brake is very rare.....most 910's were outfitted with later brakes as bands etc were much easier to come by back when they were current. As was said earlier the 910E was a pretty short run for a Jonsereds......when using this saw be very careful if you get it pinched......don't yank on it or you will likely rip the trigger handle AVs out......it was a very weak spot which prompted the development of the 920 and 930 with the Partner designed AV system, which is a much more robust system. However the 910E is the last Jonsereds designed saw. All of the later 8XX and 9XX saws are all of E-lux design.

I had a 920 Super, circa 1990 (??) to 2002. I traded it to Dennis Greffard for woods porting my 3120XP, which I picked up at the 2002 Clearwater Revival.

Back