Seezed husky 346xp $?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish we could get deals like that on oem parts up here in canada.

So if you paid $200 for the saw, $100 for a top end, $30 for seals and gaskets, $10 for fuel line and filter, $10 for a carb kit you have a grand total of $350.

Its up to you how badly you want a saw like that I guess.

And if you find it needs a case gasket, oil pump, clutch and ....? I couldn't sell a runner for the price of the parts saw in your example.

I wonder what the average percentage is that any used chain saw we purchase will need at least rings or a piston? I plan on doing seals, crankbearings, p/c gaskets maybe a carb kit, I leave some wiggle room in the price.

Wish we could get deals like that on oem parts up here in canada.

So if you paid $200 for the saw, $100 for a top end, $30 for seals and gaskets, $10 for fuel line and filter, $10 for a carb kit you have a grand total of $350.

Its up to you how badly you want a saw like that I guess.

What can we buy for $350 that we can just run when it arrives. I think $350 isn’t much for a rebuilt saw. At least I know what I have in it. I’d rather be the one rebuilding the $100/$200 saw.

Can you imagine how pissed someone would be if they discovered the case leak after building it, broke it down to fix that, got it back together and discovered the crankshaft was bent? It would be easy to miss a little bend until you got the sprocket and chain on there when it would become ever so noticeable.

I'm in a glass half full mood today if you can't tell.

Tinman, I "liked" your earlier post. Just taking the point a little further.

A new piston/cylinder $104 and you have a good saw.
If the cylinder is scored theres a reason why, most likely an air leak, but more will have to me spent unless it was scored from bad mix, no mix, or a dull chain and even if it was a dull chain if it got that hot id want some new seals.
Buying blown up saws to me is a gamble so I won't pay a ton for any saw.
Yep.
Keep in mind that you will likely need other parts besides just the cyl/p
Why are you assuming it needs a P&C, he just said seezed right.
346xp is a special saw. They are just worth more money than any other 50cc saw. For awhile I was paying around $200 for good runners & $400+ for minty ones.
I could use a couple $200 runners Don, what's shipping gonna be :innocent:.

Just look at what these cost when they were new?

My new 353 wasn’t cheap at the time.

Now buying a seezed saw can be a pig in a poke, we’re taking a chance. Either way running or not, low compression we’re talking crankbearings, seals. Gaskets, carb cleaning, possible piston, rings, cylinder if we’re going to keep it. If the crank is ok. If we skimp now and down the road we may pay later.

Back