Self-Loaders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Dill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I saw what looked like a 5-ton Chevy flatbed with a self-loading arm mounted near the cab. It was a flatbed with forks added. Looks like it could only handle a 12-foot log. I also recently saw one of the trailers sold by Bailey's since they are just a little ways done the road in Laytonville, Calif.

What do you guys have, or prefer? I need to bring in high value short logs in both conifer and hardwood and it needs a smaller set-up than our Kenworth.

i had a five ton a few years back with a knuckle crane on it and log tongs to get some logs to my mill.But was not very efficient and the truck had a 427 gas motor hard as hell on fuel.I have a friend that has one of the trailers withe the picker on it i have seen him move some pretty big red oak logs with it and he has been very happy with it.If it was me and you have a big pick up truck i would go with the trailer but thats just me.

an idea we have been thinking about is going with a 5 ton surplus army truck and mounting the loader on the rear. you can get the truck very cheap and boy the thing will go anywhere in 6 wheel drive

Latest posts

Back