Selling Saws in Lots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve got way too many project saws.

Thinking of putting the less desirable stuff on EBay in “lots”. IE put a bunch of top handle Poulans in one auction, all of my Wild Things in another, all of my Homelite XL’s in another, and so on. Obviously not planning to make much $ but if I can net 5 bucks each on saws I’ll never get to, it’s a win.

You guys think this will work?

Postage might be a problem, due to the weight of each lot.
I have a UPS discount so sending 50 lbs worth of saws would be around 20 bucks within CONUS
You might find buyers here for some of the better individual saws?
I can try but seems most guys around here only want to buy Husky and Stihl that run for half of what they are worth. ;)

Saws seem to always go way more than I want to pay on there, so probably your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sold a few on facebook marketplace and kijiji. I just hate the no shows and tire kickers. I always expect people to dicker the price but get a lot of people that want it for nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I do lots. CL or market place. Single saws I sell on eBay and ones that will get the bids. Shipping would be cost prohibitive for multiple saws. The saws I don’t want to keep or not worth time to try to sell go for sale as “Pile of saws”. Any newer plastic Poulans, Homelites, mini macs. I’ll usually sweeten the deal with a halfway decent saw that might or might not run. I price them to sell, under $100. Any more and you’ll be sitting on them. Around here anyway

I’ll usually sweeten the deal with a halfway decent saw that might or might not run. I price them to sell, under $100.
Good idea. I should have thought of that, being a good portion of these came from a pickup load of saws I bought so I could get the PM 555, 3-10, 3400 Poulan, and misc Homelites. "Ya gotta take the rest" LOL

if using ebay they now require your social security number and bank account to sell
WOW , really . I dropped out of E bay a long time ago . Glad I did!! I see things haven't gotten better and going more and more down hill .

Back