SEM Ignition and a Dolmar 309 chop saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a TS360 Stihl chop saw a couple weeks ago at a local auction. Got it home and no fire. It uses a SEM ignition system. When you can find one they are expensive. I know a lot of 056 saws are not working do to a bad SEM ignition. The TS 350 and some 08 Stihls and the Husky 2100 use this system. I was hoping to run across a junk one with a good ignition. Last night I bought a Dolmar 309 chop saw with a scored piston and cylinder at another auction. When I tore into it I found a good working SEM type GA system under the fly wheel. I had no idea. The TS 360 is running like a champ now after installing the Dolmar ignition in it. I tried to buy a SEM ignition from a guy on ebay from England, but he never returned my email. I'm glad he didn't. I have 20 bucks in the Dolmar that fixed the TS 360 compared to $140 from the Englishman for an after market SEM ignition.
So if anybody is looking for a SEM ignition for their 056's, A Dolmar 309 chops saw may have one hiding in it. This was the first 309 Dolmar chop saw I had seen. I felt like I had won. the lottery when I seen that SEM peeking at me in the Dolmar when I popped the flywheel

Last edited:
Back