Semi-Chisel or Full Chisel Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends in Six States

Sorry to hear about, Sap.
I've been here forty nine hours and had wood cutters in Illinois, Kentucky, New Hampshire , Oregon, Oklahoma, Conecticut and Alabama extend welcome. This came with an opporotunity to hunt wild hogs, and an offer on my 4x4 which isn't for sale. Do you want to debate this bad? I'd rather go walk my St. Bernard, the full moon is making her even more crazy than it makes me. You are cracking me up. I mean heartfelt, deep laughter like that guy was causing yesterday.

CoveredinSap?

No, Bob, I sense this is more Daniel Murphy's firewood cutting cousin, definitely the same condescending overtones, with the megalomania in large doses.
I've no idea how anyone could take anything "informative" from the original post, no comparison's were given as to why one is better than the other, just some random information about salamander poo and how efficiently you can load 8" logs on saw bucks (that's what they are called BTW) with a tractor.
You want to talk chains, we can talk chains. You want to make an informative thread to help newbies, put some useful information that a newbie can understand and use. Want to stroke your ego? Plan on dealing with this BS.

14" Remington

No, Bob, I sense this is more Daniel Murphy's firewood cutting cousin, definitely the same condescending overtones, with the megalomania in large doses.
I've no idea how anyone could take anything "informative" from the original post, no comparison's were given as to why one is better than the other, just some random information about salamander poo and how efficiently you can load 8" logs on saw bucks (that's what they are called BTW) with a tractor.
You want to talk chains, we can talk chains. You want to make an informative thread to help newbies, put some useful information that a newbie can understand and use. Want to stroke your ego? Plan on dealing with this BS.

Let's talk chains. I ordered the Remington electric and turns out the chain didn't fit. But I liked it so well, I bought the company.

Sincerely,
The Nuge

I converted my electrics over to the Stihl PMC, like on you're 201t, it's a nice chisel, cuts great as long as you keep it out of the dirt.

Picco Micro

My 201T stays out of the dirt, too. Like forty feet above it. I liked it better than the 192T because no fuel purge bulb. I like the balance and location of the filler caps on the 192T better, though. Thanks for posting.

I don't even own an electric saw, just sayin.

I've been using a lot of the Carlton full chisel lately, I've always been a fan of semi, Stihl RMC, old stuff, but found a source that gets the Carlton at prices I can't refuse. It's held up a lot better than I thought it would. Granted when you hit something, like the half dozen nails in the 38" Maple stump I took out a couple weeks ago, it's a bear to get it filed back into shape!
I mainly cut in sandy loam, so even standing, the tree's are full of minerals. Pretty hard on chains, I've noticed less cutting time with the chains, BUT, if you pay attention when cutting and watch your chips, you notice it's time to touch up or change chains, and filing time has been greatly reduced!

I also liked the layout on the 192t better, but the one I owned was a total POS! Turned me off completely, I'll never own another one!
Loved the 200t, other than the fill layout and constant carb problems, I didn't run it regularly. Wishing I'd have kept it, but after breaking my back I figure my climbing days are done!

Salamander Poop ?
Where do we buy some ?:cool2:
It's pretty pricey %$#@. Your better off to make your own. First you need a hundred or so Salamanders. You can probably catch them in the wild. I find them on my carport sometimes. Then eat them. After a few hours you will get an uncomfortable feeling in your lower gut. Now get an empty coffee can or paint bucket. Take a squat on your can. Put the lid on tight when done, you don't want the smell to escape.

On second thought that is too complicated. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what species of tree salamander poo grows in so I can cut my own rather than all the trouble of making it.:bang:

Juglans Nigra

Black Walnut in Oconee, Illinois it was in fact. Whacked it down and made my uncle a desk for his dental office. I'd have included that, but I thought the trolls would bite my head off.
By the way I saved about five pounds of the salamander poop an put it on my Cayenne Pepper plants that spring. 1994 I think, a delicious success. Be resourceful.

One thing I've come to know. Just becuz somebody might be somewhat new on here, that don't make him a virgin.

Whatdoyathink?

Latest posts

Back