Sequim Log Show 06

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rupedoggy said:
Sorry, I tried to help Dean. Won't happen again. With an HD on an 044 you have more problems than I can conceive anyway. Mike

Hey rupedoggy:...You're always a big help!......maybe it was just your tone!...Hahahahahahaha!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Ben you didn't give your chain it's due.

Do you sell race chain now?

Fred

i was actually waiting for somebody to ask about the race chain i used.
the credit for the race chain all goes to woodsjunkie for his awesome work and one heck of a fast chain!

in my test in 7" alder on the woods port 036 pro, its around twice as fast if i remember correctly.

I also run the junkie chain and have been equally impressed.

Fred

Thanks for the reply

NWCS said:
i was actually waiting for somebody to ask about the race chain i used.
the credit for the race chain all goes to woodsjunkie for his awesome work and one heck of a fast chain!

Hahahahahaha!.....so what was it Ben?....was it the fast Junkie chain or your saw.....and what made you cut out?

it was both the saw and the chain of course :) i was trying to avoid a knot in the log and was just too amped up to think about pestering the judges about cutting on the other side of it.. so i tried to get by with a real thin cut. the log won at the bottom of the cut. saw would have been faster if i could have gotten the 9pin sprocket on. next time i will be ready for that, i have a bar i cut about 3/8" off the tail. (easier than adding a link to the chain and messing it all up :)

klickitatsacket said:
Just a side not for the ladies reading this post or for the guys who want their ladies to get involved. Ellen Morris in her mid 50's with her Husqy 55 was only 1 of the 4 people who hit the water mellon in the felling compitition. this was out of about 18 participants (most of whom are proffesional loggers). A whloe lot of sheepish guys out there on the landings this morning:blush:

She shoulda hit it since she was usin' a carpenters framin' square to line up her face cut. I just about crapped when I saw that melon explode. The crowd went nuts...:popcorn:

Gary

GASoline71 said:
She shoulda hit it since she was usin' a carpenters framin' square to line up her face cut. I just about crapped when I saw that melon explode. The crowd went nuts...:popcorn:

Gary

EVERYTHING to win inside the rules. My kinda woman.

Fred

NWCS said:
it was both the saw and the chain of course :) i was trying to avoid a knot in the log and was just too amped up to think about pestering the judges about cutting on the other side of it.. so i tried to get by with a real thin cut. the log won at the bottom of the cut. saw would have been faster if i could have gotten the 9pin sprocket on. next time i will be ready for that, i have a bar i cut about 3/8" off the tail. (easier than adding a link to the chain and messing it all up :)

Same 6 pack of beer it would have been slower.

Fred

klickitatsacket said:
her or her girl freind would have thumped you if you were so blind as to even concider hitting on her. Nice couple they were. :help:

Like I said my type of woman. HAHAHAHAHHA

Fred

does anybody have good pics or video of the saw races? i would like to get copies if anybody does, best on CD or DVD but any format will work. more than willing to cover shipping and labor to do it all.

I found some very good GAS ONLY racing up in Missouri. If any of you guy ever get out the PNW I will advise you on the secret hand shake that allows you to pass into the south for a race.

However if you just want to come to Missouri the handshake is not a necessity.

Fred

It may be smaller, but we just hit it harder.

3 cut, cold start gives the operator his due.

The big wood cut could be likened to a tractor pull where the multiple cuts is more similar to a drag race. The old torque vs. horsepower deal.

Open invite and secret handshake. What's up?

Fred

Lakeside53 said:
huh? give me 10 good reasons to leave the PNW and go to misery?:popcorn:

Top ten reasons for Lakeside to leave the PNW for a weekend.

10. Hardwood forests.
9. Meet with nice Stihl dealers that agree with you about "THINGS."
8. Learn to speak with a draaawwwllll.
7. Find out the difference between sauces and gravy.
6. Meet people in the good ole boys distillers union.
5. See people running shorter bars on bigger saws.
4. Get away from the rain.
3. All the beautiful women.
2. Tube tops.
1. Learn why the south will rise again.

I think you'll really enjoy or sheow tonight.

Fred.

Back