Sequoia redwood bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick note to show the cool contrast between the heartwood and sapwood layers in Sequoia redwood. I love the stuff. Carves fast and looks great.
Picture is attached below.

I saw a post below where someone used the term fancyfirewood as their name or business name. Funny because I've been talking about carvings being fancy firewood for probably 8 of the 9 years I've been carving during competitions or seminars I've given... Eventually a fun term comes around doesn't it?
See ya.
Bob

Hey there;
I also have found that when I carve the red cedar around here, I get the different colors.
Great carving. I try to stay way from sharp tools with gas engines !!! :)
Bill

Breathtaking realism, Thanks for sharing.

attachment.php

Hey there;
I also have found that when I carve the red cedar around here, I get the different colors.
Great carving. I try to stay way from sharp tools with gas engines !!! :)
Bill

I carve alot with red cedar and I love it. It has great contrasting colors if you like the natural look, very easy to carve, doesn't check out real bad, takes finish very well, and where I live people will even pay you to cut it out of their fields because it spreads rapidly! Here are some pics of things that I've made from it. Enjoy!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is that a Beach tree? HUGE:clap:

Yes it is. 6ft in diameter and winds from hurricane Ike took out the top. It Y'd and one branch was 4 ft and the other over 3ft 25 ft high. Just a 25ft totem pole now and sad because it was a pretty healthy tree. Check out more pics in the pictures section under "cleaning up the woods"

Back