Sharpening Chipper Knives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic2397

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on sharpening chipper knives while still on the drum? I really don't care to pull them out and send them to be sharpened so I was wondering what everyone does for a more routine maintenance (weekly, monthly sharpening?)

Luke

Can anyone give me some insight on sharpening chipper knives while still on the drum? I really don't care to pull them out and send them to be sharpened so I was wondering what everyone does for a more routine maintenance (weekly, monthly sharpening?)

Luke

Mine are double sided, But I have an extra set and just slap them on when I take the other set off. GEt them sharpened locally $50 for them-double sided- Your better off taking them off as I have never heard of anyone sharpening them while still on. What kind of chipper you running?

Vermeer BC1000, I know its not that difficult to take them out and flip or replace but I wanted to know if anyone did like a weekly touchup or anything.

go to site sponser baily's. search under chipper knives. it,s hand held blade dresser. works good if you don't lett them get to dull.

Latest posts

Back