Sharpening Chipper Knives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic2397

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on sharpening chipper knives while still on the drum? I really don't care to pull them out and send them to be sharpened so I was wondering what everyone does for a more routine maintenance (weekly, monthly sharpening?)

Luke

Can anyone give me some insight on sharpening chipper knives while still on the drum? I really don't care to pull them out and send them to be sharpened so I was wondering what everyone does for a more routine maintenance (weekly, monthly sharpening?)

Luke

Mine are double sided, But I have an extra set and just slap them on when I take the other set off. GEt them sharpened locally $50 for them-double sided- Your better off taking them off as I have never heard of anyone sharpening them while still on. What kind of chipper you running?

Vermeer BC1000, I know its not that difficult to take them out and flip or replace but I wanted to know if anyone did like a weekly touchup or anything.

go to site sponser baily's. search under chipper knives. it,s hand held blade dresser. works good if you don't lett them get to dull.

Back