sharpening stump teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfdavis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a "green" wheel grinding wheel for carbide stump teeth in the size that fits a 4 inch angle grinder (DeWalt or similar)?

If you have a industrial tool or wholesale tool in your area they usually carry them. They are usually 1/2 or more less expensive than Sherrill or others. usually get a 6 inch for 7-8 dollars. We are going to try the diamond wheel. I understand they last about 20 times longer than the greenwheels.

I dont think a wheel is manufactured at all for the angle grinders. You can get a diamond wheel. As far as the green wheels for the bench grinders you can get them cheaper at a local hardwar store. :umpkin:

As Far As I Know You Cant Get A Green Wheel For A Four Inch Gringer. The Rpms Are To Fast The Green Wheel Will Explode At Those Rpms I Have Found That Trying To Sharpen Grinder Teeth There Is A Cup In The Center Of The Teeth That Only The Factory Can Put Into Them With Out That Cup The Teeth Will Not Cut Right

Back