Shaw Du-All mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam2iam

Reaction score
I own about 40 A of wooded land in SW Virginia, and have been casually looking for a saw mill for personal use. We had pretty well settled on an "Alaskan" type incorporating a chain saw, but I occasionally see examples of other types for reasonable dollars. There is currently one in a local CL ad for cheap, It is claimed to be a "Shaw Du-All" with a motor that "spins freely" but doesn't run. I did some web searching, and while I get quite a few results on "Shaw Du-All" those all seem to refer to an old-timey tractor that had a lot of different attachments. That would almost make sense, but all of the attachments I've found seem to use the tractor motor as power source, which is what I would expect - none seem to have a dedicated motor. Does anyone here have any experience with this saw mill, or the tractor and attachment system? If so, can you provide or speculate on any details about the mill? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back